Spell to Quiet Birds in the Morning!

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
TigerStorm

Spell to Quiet Birds in the Morning!

Post by TigerStorm »

I recently created a spell. It's the second spell I created and in fact it's the second spell I will have ever performed where I used materials rather than pure will.

So... Call me a grinch... but at 5am when birds start singing and I'm still trying to sleep... it annoys me! Especially since I like to sleep with my window open, and the birds around here are loud. I haven't DONE this spell quite yet because I'm wanting to perfect it and think about it a little more, and perhaps get feedback, particularly about the spoken part.

When creating the spell, I started thinking... what is it that *normally* makes a bird not sing? 2 things came to mind: Rain--especially storms; and the very middle of the night. SO I figured I'd use rainwater and a moonstone in my spell.

I got one of those candle oil burning things... where you typically put scented oil in the cup and a candle underneath it. I collected rainwater during a storm. Bought a moonstone. I've energized and purified the stone by putting it in a bowl of sea salt and covering it in sea salt for a night, then I also burned incense under it, and finally left it under the full moon outside. The spell will involve putting the moonstone in the cup, filling the cup with the rainwater mixture which also has rosemary and thyme in it because of the sleep qualities of both those herbs. (Sleep for me, and for the birds)

I then light a tealight candle under this. I've tested this, it takes 2 hours for the tealight to make all the water in the bowl evaporate. Which is coincidentally the same amount of time until a tealight burns out. I wish this process would last 3 or 4 hours... but that's the way it is.

The spoken portion... my "poem" kinda sucks in my opinion, but there are reasons for everything in it. I'd like it if it felt like it flowed better though. In the first part, I'm giving them a REASON not to sing... making them perhaps think that it is storming, and that it's still the middle of the night.

** With the moon up high in the dead of night
** and the storms raging with such a might

** To whistle and sing, please will you wait
** to let this rainwater evaporate

** I want to get some sleep
** so please don't make a peep!

The only way to do this spell is, at 5am or whenever when the birds wake me up, to get up, put the rainwater mixture in the bowl which already had the spell spoken over it. Light the candle and then get back to sleep while it burns and evaporates.

...So any thoughts?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Spell to Quiet Birds in the Morning!

Post by SnowCat »

Earplugs! My husband snores like a chainsaw. One night I woke up from a dream that I was in the middle of a logging operation. My husband snoring on one side, the cat snoring on the other side. Earplugs are inexpensive and effective.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
TigerStorm

Post by TigerStorm »

Hehe. I don't do earplugs because I worry about not being able to hear my alarm.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

We had a cat that didn't just snore, he would regularly bite faces and lie across your neck at night when you were trying to sleep. Good times...
EloquentElephant

Post by EloquentElephant »

If I didn't wake up at five this would probably be a Goddess-Send. But I love the chirping of birds, it makes mornings even better.
mungonarrowboat

Post by mungonarrowboat »

Is this thread a joke??
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

mungonarrowboat wrote:Is this thread a joke??
No.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
mungonarrowboat

Post by mungonarrowboat »

Cool
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Humm, I remember my brother being so angry at the mockingbird who sang all night long, I actually liked it. Listening to their whole repertoire was amazing and amusing. They would actually put me to sleep as I tried to imagine what bird they were imitating... crow and hawk are the funniest, they almost got it :lol:
My thoughts are to work with them somehow, they aren't likely to shut up especially when babies are new.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

We have mockingbirds and an owl that sit in a tree close to our bedroom window and sing most nights...the owl hoots of course...but i find the hoots very soothing and repetitive in a relaxing way. The mockingbirds make me feel more at ease with the night. Their songs remind me that another beautiful day is around the corner, and they actually sing me to sleep. I would never wish them to shut up.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”