Anti-Self Doubt Spell [Request]

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Anti-Self Doubt Spell [Request]

Post by Naudia Threng »

Hi! Now, I know that magick isn't a cure-all and I'm not going to suddenly start walking on rainbows and pooting out sparkles, but I need a spell or something to stop me always doubting myself. It's hard to do anything my first thought is "I did that wrong, obviously you idiot" and "no, your sadness doesn't matter, other people hurt more" and like, I get that I shouldn't be sad, because my life is great. Hell! I'm doubting this post, I keep thinking that I'm just being needy and I'm doubting saying that and it just never stops with the doubting. It's literally constant. I mean feeling this way has helped me help others on many occasions, but I'm done carrying the planet just because Atlas is tired. And I know that if I didn't feel this way, I would still help as many people as possible! And now I think this has become more of a rant than a request, but a spell to stop these crappy feelings would be great, please.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Sakura Blossom

Re: Anti-Self Doubt Spell [Request]

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Azure, there really isn't anything spell-wise that I can think of because this is more of a personal growth area. Something I'd like to suggest, coming from a standpoint of being in the same position, is the MOMENT you start thinking like that, combat it. I'm going to be speaking as a psychology student here, so I deeply apologize, but the idea is that you want to eliminate these maladaptive thoughts and to argue against them. So anytime you start thinking about this, tell yourself you're wrong. I know it sounds silly but the more you tell yourself this, the more you'll start to believe it. (: It's the same concept of what you're doing when you doubt yourself. You constantly dwell and fixate on the fact that you're wrong, so if you challenge these thoughts by saying you're right and if you're wrong, it's okay, then you'll start feeling better. Also looking in the mirror everyday and telling yourself that you're smart, capable and knowing will be helpful too.

As for magick, you could try to find a spell (which I unfortunately don't have except my "candle magick for any spell" thing I do). Which is simply carving my purpose into the side of a candle, anointing it with oil and letting the candle burn as I envision my purpose. So you could do that but say "confidence") but that's all I really have for you on that.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I agree, this is definitely something you will need to address the old fashioned way. There are countless books, mantras, websites, etc... that can help give you some tools to start building your self esteem. Once you start the process, it gets much easier to build that confidence. :)
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Ok, the old fashioned way it is then. Thanks guys!
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

No problem, Azure. ^_^ I wish you a lot of strength with overcoming this obstacle!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

May I suggest this? affirmation works wonderful, wake up everyday and tell loudly to yourself while you look into a mirror "I'm perfect, I can do everything perfect, there is no one that can make things better than me" keep saying it every morning...this is not a spell, its kinda scientific, when the brain hears you saying something, it absorbs it as true, and you will find yourself more and more confident...you can do this for anything just change the phrase example: Lets say you wish to lose weight "I can have a healthy body, and I will have it, I can follow a diet without cravings"...:) I hope I helped!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Making sure things are in line medically is a good idea too. I've been trying to get my thyroid levels sorted out. It turns out my T3, which is the active thyroid hormone, was very low. It's a bit better now, but I was having some of the same types of thoughts and feelings.

Now if anyone can come up with a walking on rainbows and pooting out sparkles, I want in on it!

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SirisDerp

Post by SirisDerp »

I agree with everyone on this and the old fashioned way would help out.

It sounds more like some anxiety than anything. A lot of my friends have the same problem and start doubting themselves. While this isn't a spell, perhaps these stones can work? It's in a Tumblr post you can sift through. It's nothing to become dependent on yet, perhaps, it can be something to give you a bit of a confidence booster to know you have 'something' - if that makes any sense.

I hope this was of some help to you!

http://sirisderp.tumblr.com/post/119898152666
tiffanyrae

Post by tiffanyrae »

I've been having trouble to and what helps me is taking the things that I don't really think and saying that they are if that makes sense like I don't think I'm beautiful but everyone around me does, do an inner chant like I Can do this I Am beautiful I AM smart, I've read in one of my Wicca books that it helps your magic become stronger because you know that you can do it so it happens

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”