Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Re: Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

Post by Naudia Threng »

Again, im really reall sorry that that took so long! Ive just been hella busy and the school year draws near and it stresses me out and im terrified that when i get back to school ill stop my craft like happened last year! Im trying to really fling myself into right now so that i cant go back.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

It's okay Azure. I'm going to assemble the spell this week, any ideas and thoughts are still welcome!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
keria

Post by keria »

What crystals are we using for the water infusion?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I wonder about placing the glass of lemonade within a fluorite grid, but not IN the drink, fluorite isn't recomended for crystal infusions due to its toxicity.
Maybe an amethyst and a quartz crystal in the drink and fluorite outside around the gkass?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
keria

Post by keria »

I don't have any fluorite yet and I can't do anything obvious with the hubby.... :-/ maybe I will have to sit this one out :(
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

You'd be amazed at what sort of " decorations" a man never notices haha
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I just want to chime in here, quick. (:

Keria, there are tons of ways you can do this without letting your husband know! I know it can be hard for those of you who have to keep everything a secret if you're not out of the broom closet. There are many ways to adapt and change spells to fit with your current situation. As you'll be cooking food and making a drink; you could easily do just that and not cause any suspicion. You may need to do the meal at anytime you usually make dinner and even if you can't do the recipes here you could still try to incorporate some of the similar elements used in the spell (like certain herbs that are just used for cooking or candles just for ambiance which many use anyways!). That way it's nothing abnormal.

Something I would like to suggest, that those of you with a similar situation could try, instead of actually speaking the spell aloud you could write a letter with the same words and either dispose of it after your will has been sent out into the world, keep it in a safe place, burn it if you're able to do so safely, and so on. You could also just think of the intent while you're cooking and use that as your spell too.

It is my belief, and I know some disagree, that the way you do the spell isn't as important. It's the will and energy you put into it that causes the outcome. (: So don't feel like you can't take part because some of the things being said aren't able to be done with situations like yours, Keria. There are various ways to troubleshoot and figure out how to do it! It may require adapting the spell and eliminating certain parts by replacing them with others but it's not impossible at all.

It's why I love kitchen magic so much -- You're just making food and can put the intent straight into it. No one but you, any deities you work with, and the rest of the metaphysical world has to know.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
keria

Post by keria »

Thank you Sakura and Mrsdavid, I am open to adapt the spell but I thought someone said earlier that if we all don't do it the same way that it may not work as for us as a group. I will do my best to do as much the same as I can. The recipes are wonderful and we will enjoy them :)
keria

Post by keria »

I can do the crystal infused water (Quartz, amethyst, and blue chalcedony) then make the peach lemonade with it. Is it ok to do this ahead of time ?(while he's at work) and I can say a little something to get my intent across during that time? Then prepare the dinner a little later (10 is ok for us, we eat late sometimes anyway lol)
Decorations might come as a shock Mrsdavid as we never do anything fancy at our house lol but I will do the candles (I like the idea of writing the spell down-instead of saying it out loud-and burning it to release intent)
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I think that it's all up to what you feel is best and works well for you. (: Everyone has different situations and some people may not have access certain ingredients either. Sometimes you have to adapt it to fit your situation and I think what you've suggested is great for you. (: Whatever you think will work best for you, go for it so you can participate too! You're very welcome for the help. Good luck!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

keria, I just want to know if you can afford to have the ingredients in Azure's recipe?
keria wrote:I can do the crystal infused water (Quartz, amethyst, and blue chalcedony) then make the peach lemonade with it. Is it ok to do this ahead of time ?(while he's at work) and I can say a little something to get my intent across during that time? Then prepare the dinner a little later (10 is ok for us, we eat late sometimes anyway lol)
Decorations might come as a shock Mrsdavid as we never do anything fancy at our house lol but I will do the candles (I like the idea of writing the spell down-instead of saying it out loud-and burning it to release intent)
Yes of course.

And don't worry about the decorations, they could be optional. The important thing here I reckon is the food and the drink.
firebirdflys wrote:I wonder about placing the glass of lemonade within a fluorite grid, but not IN the drink, fluorite isn't recomended for crystal infusions due to its toxicity.
Maybe an amethyst and a quartz crystal in the drink and fluorite outside around the gkass?
Bb, Firebird
Will do that!
Sakura Blossom wrote:Something I would like to suggest, that those of you with a similar situation could try, instead of actually speaking the spell aloud you could write a letter with the same words and either dispose of it after your will has been sent out into the world, keep it in a safe place, burn it if you're able to do so safely, and so on. You could also just think of the intent while you're cooking and use that as your spell too.
I think we could all do this instead. Any suggestions for our incantation?
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm not very good with spell forming in terms of words and I'm very much out of commission at the moment. Haha. I've been dealing with some health stuff and I'm going on vacation Monday so I'm trying to summon up all my energy. I've been exerting more than I should be, recently. I'll be sure to keep tabs, though! This is an interesting spell. (:

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Drink of enlightenment
Elixer of insight
Fill now my vessel
With the might
Of foresight
before me
Behind me
To my right
To my left
Above me and
Below me
Within and without
The mysteries
Unfold before my eyes
As is my will
So mote it be

Not very chanty, I usually like to rhyme quite a bit.

Now something for the food...
Maybe using the names of the herbs and whatnot.

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
keria

Post by keria »

Yes Seraphin I can get the food ingredients. I already have the lemons, peaches, almonds, and hazelnuts, I grow sage and thyme, and I have most of the things for cooking the chicken as I cook like that a lot anyway lol - I can't wait!

What day are we doing this?
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

Hi... I realize I am a little late to the party but I brought cake. Lemon cake, since that seems to be a theme XD *sets down on table*

This is probably too late for me to actually participate in this month's spell, but I would like to participate in next month's, so... //track. Silver needs to stop forgetting to stalk this thread XD

By the way, I'll always be happy to lend a hand :3 Would something like this do for the meat?:

Lend me wings, to better see
How all these things apply to me.
Now to find a clearer view
So that inside, I'll know what's true.
Sometimes it takes the sight of a bird,
Sometimes it takes an inside turn,
Sometimes, I'll need some help from You,
Sometimes, I'll find I already knew.
O Psyche, help me learn to find
The way to truth that's already mine.*

*That last couplet can also be put between the second and third couplets, if desired.

Edits, variations, etc. can be used, of course, as always. Every Witch puts their own touch to it.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”