Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
dualhands

Re: Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

Post by dualhands »

I'm ok with the focus idea! I just have no access to an antler. Possibly a stone that is used for focusing intentions?
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hummmmm, I'm all for stones but what if we made a pointy stick that would represent an antler? Could possibly glue a stone on or wire it. It could be carved a little w/ some kind of getrdone sort of symbol or ? What rune would be approiate?
maybe rub with oil and/or paint it with ochre etc...
bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I think the pointed stick idea would work just great. I believe a focus rune would be best. or maybe a focus sigil? or just plain " focus " in witches alphabet. However I think a focus run would work the best.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

This is a crude drawing I did in paint, the lines should be straight.

This is the rune for productivity

I think it would work well!
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Hey dualhands,

We've already done a creativity/productivity spell last April: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p230510. Like FF said, I also think we don't need to compose another similar spell... maybe at least for a year.

But I'm fine with the focus spell. Any objections guys?
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I'm all for a focus spell, I was just thinking a productivity rune for steady focus.

I could not find a rune for "focus" specifically. So if anyone else wants to throw something out there that would be sweet!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Due to the insistent public demand ( :lol: ), here's a Spell for July: Spell To Improve Focus

Date to be Completed: July 31, 2015

Details: Spell to be used when perhaps you're trying to finish a project or study for a long test, and/or when you're trying to focus for a good decision-making or business-planning. So let's get the ball rolling...
Last edited by Seraphin on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tweaked the date of completion
Seraphin

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

yay Seraphin is back and in charge giggles

I like this stick carving idea and would be a real easy way to personlise the spell for each person.

I think the productivity sigil is good I also think you should make a personal sigil as well to help selitify your need at the moments and tie it more closely with yourself then say in general.

I also seen this and thought i would share it for those like me who are into more asian inspired workings
the last picture shows a sigil for "Empower Me" but can mean focus and is notes on how to make sigils based on english methods for asian characters. If you want to use it you can but I also see this as a way to think about making your own personal sigil for yourself.

Other things to note:
Blue is the color of focus but you may also want to add colors of what your hoping to focus on so green for susses or orange for creativity.... ect.

Saturday and Tuesday look like good days to work on such a spell. Saturday being focus and patience, where as Tuesday is passion and energy which can also be needed in a focus spell.

As for woods Cedar is a good wood but Pine works as a substitute for all woods so either works.

Essential oils you could use are: Vetiver, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Melissa, Frankincense, Blue Cypress, Lavender and Helichrysum

I also think we should see this a wand of sorts. Add coloring, carvings, stones and wire, maybe even anoint it with a oil.
Maybe use visualizations and intent into making it and when its done use it almost like you would when your smugging and run its energy around your body infusing its intent into your soul and say a small prayer asking for what you made it for; if that makes any since what so ever.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

What about a paste maybe? Like making a metaphysical focusing lens for your third eye? I make herb pastes and paint the eye of horus on my forehead when I scry and an ankh on the back of my hand when I heal.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I was hoping to do this by full moon, especially because it was a blue noon...
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Thanks for the info Babybear!
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

If we're going to do this by full moon, then we only have few days left. So let's go rolling!
Babybear wrote:Other things to note:
Blue is the color of focus but you may also want to add colors of what your hoping to focus on so green for success or orange for creativity.... ect.
Yeah, I think what we need are one blue candle (focus), one orange candle (creativity), one green candle (for success) and one astrologically compatible coloured candle.
Babybear wrote:Saturday and Tuesday look like good days to work on such a spell. Saturday being focus and patience, where as Tuesday is passion and energy which can also be needed in a focus spell.
But July 31 is on Friday... well.... I think this is actually the perfect opportunity for everyone to see while at times there are perfect energies that align to do things the way we intended, we can find ways to work our magick whenever it sees suit. We just have to know how to adjust and amend the spell.
Babybear wrote: Maybe use visualizations and intent into making it and when its done use it almost like you would when your smugging and run its energy around your body infusing its intent into your soul and say a small prayer asking for what you made it for; if that makes any since what so ever.
So we are in the Blue Full Moon, and we're going to be charging a unique and rare item (amulet) of our desire for maintaining focus and clear thinking? So this would be the perfect time to utilize the blue moon to reach and strive to stay focus in making unique decisions, rare projects, etc. too.

As for the prayer, we could talk to the moon, tell her our story, tell her what we intend and work our magick. Make or consecrate the amulet on the night of the blue moon (using antler tip or the alternative) and know that she will hear our mind and soul.
Babybear wrote:Essential oils you could use are: Vetiver, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Melissa, Frankincense, Blue Cypress, Lavender and Helichrysum
What do you think people?
Seraphin

Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Seraphin wrote:What do you think people?
Could we make some moon water under the full moon, mix in some of the essential oils, and then bathe the amulet in it?
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

We could but aren't we doing this by full moon too? So how long do you think do we leave the water for, where it can absorb enough full moon's energy?

Anyway, I would like to suggest too of writing the things we wish or want to focused on. We could evoke the help of lunar spirits and energies through this procedure. Lunar spirits such as Archangel Gabriel are often petitioned in the Theban script using blue ink on white paper. But since this is blue moon, I would suggest using blue paper and black ink instead.
Seraphin

Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Er... Oh yeah. So, what if we made Sun Water? Or would conflict or something?

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”