Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
YanaKhan

Re: Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

Post by YanaKhan »

Oh, this is a fantastic idea! Put 5 onyx stones and draw a pentagram with sage. If it's OK even set it on fire ( this requires outside work). Then put the stones in a mojo bag along with other things. Anyone else? Come on, guys, this is going to be cool!
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Since Litha is a summer holiday, why not incorporate some citrus fruits into the spell? Fruits like limes and lemons can be used for purification and protection, and orange peel is often used to bring luck and prosperity to a household (not to mention, adding it to the sage would make it smell amazing). You can also dry the leftover fruit slices and with a bit of thread or wire, hang them from cinnamon sticks to make a very aromatic (and pretty!) set of wind chimes for protection and prosperity.

Bees are associated with Litha, so you could add honey or a piece of wax or honeycomb to the bag. Oak is traditionally burned during Litha bonfires, I believe, so why not save a sprig and then add it to the satchel as well? Other flowers and herbs you could add may be lavender, thyme, chamomile, rose, honeysuckle, mugwort, and yarrow (to name a few). You could also add amber or tiger's eye as well as onyx.

As for the satchel itself, you could use fabric and thread that's dyed in a color associated with Litha, such as orange, red, or gold.

Just throwing some things out there. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

So a mixture of herbs and dried fruit peels to draw the pentagram? And more stones and herbs for the satchels. This is starting to sound super. We could probably make a honey - fruit mixture as an offering too. I'm liking your ideas, Heartsong!
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Alright so its agreed we do a satchel and on the onyx
how about we burn sage, setup the circle with onyx instead of a wand and i like the ideal of adding a sprig of oak, some orange peels, cinnamon, chamomile, onyx and tiger eye into the satchel
and adding a offering of honey and fruit

what does everyone else think anyone got a special herb they think should also be added
how about our chant any suggestion on that
keep in mind we are hoping to empower us with sun energy to fight and protect against negativity
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Well, we certainly should have a chant. I'm not the best person to write it though. Anyone?
Aesennyll-IF
Tarot Reader
Tarot Reader

Post by Aesennyll-IF »

I like star anise, it reminds me of the sun. Though I think it's association is with Jupiter however it is a herb of protection.
chants...hummmmmm.

star of ours burning bright
protect us now with all your might!
unity :inlove: in like mind
jealousy, and bitterness erode the soul. conversation to clarify.
Forgiveness frees the heart.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Humm how about

Fire of sun,
Herbs of earth,
Protect us now
From negativity's growth.
x3

idk im just brainstorming at this point ><
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Alright guys can anyone think of a spell order or how they think the spell should be written up
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

I'm really enjoying this thread and cannot WAIT to see it finished!
I really like the chant you came up with, Babybear! Simple and to the point!
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Why thank you Lainara :3 okay guys Lets see some more input don't be shy now nothing you can say in this thread is stupid
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I like the words in the chant bbbear, but I feel the need for a little more flow, negativities growth is throwing me some...maybe we can rearrange them a bit? Add maybe 4 more lines and a few more descriptive words? (C'mon folks! Positive words for protection?!)
A white and/ or yellow altar cloth would be nice and if there were some solar representive on the altar too, a small sun or a drawing of a sun...yea, maybe place the satchel on a picture of the sun, esp nice if you have drawn it yourself.
I also really love the peeling of the citrus fruits, they are very solar in their roundness and if youve ever squeezed the flesh into flame you will have quite a little blowtorch!
Frankincense tears are another nice solar protector, we could use it in the incense and in the satchel.
A drinkable part of the ritual could be a solar charged water, maybe with the stones in it, then removed to go in the sachel?

:)Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Aesennyll-IF
Tarot Reader
Tarot Reader

Post by Aesennyll-IF »

Ahhh I like it all so far, just keeping my foot in the door here. :D
unity :inlove: in like mind
jealousy, and bitterness erode the soul. conversation to clarify.
Forgiveness frees the heart.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

OH love that input FF
I agree Frankincense can be our incense or maybe essential oil to anoint the onyx circle.
I also agree we should draw the sun for the altar or maybe yellow and orange candles with the sun carved into it. I personally plan on using my sun candle holder as the sachet holder.

And i didnt think about the stones in solar water before hand thats a nice touch :D

As for the chant humm the negativity's growth part is about negativity starting as a seed of doubt in us or one small event that leads to more bad thoughts and events. The sentence 'Protect us now from Negativity's growth' is about stopping it before it can even grow within us. I was thinking for visualization for this spell we can think of negativity as a sapling or baby plant and the suns power making it shrivel up and die.

If your still confused FF or anyone else please let me know I will totally think of something better or like i said if someone posts one that everyone likes better lets go with it I don't mind :3
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

The time to finish the spell is near. Does anyone else want to put their 5 cents? Or can we proceed with the spell?
BabyBear, are you ready? :) I can't wait.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Hey guys sorry been dealing with personal things but yep yep lets rap this spell up :D
Ill put the final things together and have the draft up on Sunday :3

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”