Healing Spells

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
butterfly

Healing Spells

Post by butterfly »

Help! I have a sore thoat and possibly a cold.
Any spells or rituals that might help?
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Im sick :(

Post by AdastraJunction »

Spot of tea with honey and lemon will do you well. Eat just a spoonful of honey will also coat the throat and help. A good work-out, vitamin C and rest. let your body heal on its own. Magic is not a "cure-all", practical ways should always be applied first.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

C h I c k e n s o u p. That spells chicken soup. It's good for a cold.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Herbs to use if you have a cold (not all at once):

Echinacea
Garlic
Elderberry
Lemonbalm
Thyme
St. John's Wort
Feverfew
Mullein

These are all mighty healing herbs that are good to keep on hand and are easy to grow.
Myrth
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I feel for you butterfly...
I've done just about all of the above....my favorite is real strong ginger tea made with fresh root, lemon and honey
just put on the humidifier, with some vics
still ...im so sore and achy i want to cry, but that will just clog me up worse :cry:

i hope you get relief real soon.
Bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
UPB3ATMAGIC

Post by UPB3ATMAGIC »

I agree with what is said above, always start with the practical things for the sake of your health.
But feel free to assist those practical ways by, say, blessing your tea or praying before bed asking for restful, healing sleep.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

UPB3ATMAGIC wrote:I agree with what is said above, always start with the practical things for the sake of your health.
But feel free to assist those practical ways by, say, blessing your tea or praying before bed asking for restful, healing sleep.
Absolutely. Magic energy may be added to all practical remedies. When making an herbal infusion or decoction I always add in energy and blessings.
Myrth
Divina

Post by Divina »

I have quite a few actually.... Depends what you are actually needing or able to do. I first recommend that you follow up with anything a dr may suggest for I sure am no dr. Lol but, I have a spell to:
* induce a therapeutic sleep,
or a spell to: receive a diagnosis or cure in a dream from Asclepius (Greek God of healing) , I have one for headache relief, of course the old abracadabra charm to break a fever too, may help if you have a fever. Also, one to promote wellness maybe. (((Thumbing through my books))) If any sound appealing id sure be happy to provide these to you. :-)

Snowcat is spot on also, chicken broth is GREAT. Along with a nice hot herbal tea or concoctions. I have tons of concoctions also if you need too. But off the top of my head a nice ginger root boiled to a tea color will do wonders also. Its cheap, simple, and tasty imo.: -) Hope you get better soon! Plz let me know if your interested in any of the spells mentioned above
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I apologise dear friends but I must interject in this with some slight annoyance. As my family here at EUTM know I have a reoccurrence of cancer which I will be undergoing surgery and treatment for a second time. The annoyance is that for everyones need (ok not everyone) of magic to "cure all ill's". I do not sit round my altar asking my pantheon to cure me or to guide me to a cure. I am not casting spells and charms for this because I know it will not make me better, been there done that the first time round. Good habits of exercise/diet, immune system support, positive attitude and the science of treatment from my phenomenal physicians will. Belief in my pantheon for support is a big bonus.

Please do not take this as an attack just as a lesson of fact. Do not wantonly pursue magic at the first sign of ails in you life, only as support and last resort to boost you through the hard times you encounter in life. You pillar but not your savior.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You have a very good point there Adastra.
I feel that a good blend of both physical and spiritual medicine is the best. When it comes to your health, seeing a doctor and taking any recomended meds should be your first avenue, with spiritual meds as added support.
it certainly doesn't hurt to draw a pentagram over the pills you will take or to stir your tea widdershins in an effort for the uck to leave you.
Sometimes praying to the Gods just doesn't work, they didn't heal my father of Alzheimer's.

How you feeling today butterfly?
Im not sore! Yeah! But still coughing.

I got out the osha root, been chewing it, yuck !....but it is the best for chest congestion.

Adastra, we'll be thinking of you, do keep us posted.

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Not only will honey coat your throat, it also contains
anti-biotics to help you get better quicker.
Gentle Light
:flyingwitch:
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
butterfly

Post by butterfly »

Thank you all for your replies!
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I could not have said it better than what Adastra did. I hope you are feeling better now butterfly. Blessed Be.
Winter Wind

Post by Winter Wind »

I hope you're feeling better too, but if you're not I know some things that might help: :D
-Green tea, or any tea made from the same herb(Black tea, Oolong tea) reduce mucus production.
-Apples work the same way, but have a stronger effect.
-Hot drinks(without alcohol please!) and food(but not too hot) make your throat more comfortable.
-Avoid low temperatures.
-Keep hydrated, especially if the air humidity is low.
-And the most obvious and most effective: REST.

Blessings!
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
Beethoven
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think Adastra nailed it with the pantheon being there for support. Just like the forum members being there for support. A lot of this takes hard work. I'm working at getting into a shape other than round. I'm eating healthier and exercising. I recruited my grandson to swim with me three times a week. Adastra is facing something a lot more serious. I think we forum friends should just refuse to accept any outcome other than recovery and good health for her. :fairy:

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”