Help with emotional manipulation?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
springsgrace

Post by springsgrace »

Hi everyone,
I've recently been going through a rough time, and I need some help with clarifying my emotions and things.
I've been recently building a friendship with someone that seems "off", as in he involved himself with hard drugs, he's older than me by quite a few years, has got in trouble with the law etc. but seems like a legitimate person. I don't know if my instincts are right and I've been getting mixed signals from every which way.
If you have any ideas for rituals, chants, spells, or even sigils/objects I could use to help clarify my own feelings that would be great. Thank you all very much!
:flyingwitch:
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I use tarot reading to help clarify my own feelings. Sometimes cards go down and I say "hmmm I never thought of it that way". Other times cards go down and I say "that's what I was already thinking and this solidifies it for me."

However, I'd also like to offer this adage.. If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck.. It's probably a duck. I'm not saying he isn't a good person, which is what I think you meant by "legitimate". But, he is "off" or troubled if you will, and you don't want those troubles put on you! Sometimes you can take someone pain and troubles off of them without knowing it. I once took the troubles, or negative energy, away from my good friend only to have him feel relieved to be free of it, and abandon me as a friend and leave me with the negative energy.

Rosie
Vesca

Re: Help with emotional manipulation?

Post by Vesca »

There are a lot of things you can do to clarify your own thoughts and feelings, and the one(s) right for you will depend on your own preferences and what's worked for you in the past. Various methods of divination, writing, drawing, meditation, etc...

I'll throw this out there. A person's life choices don't make them a "bad" person. But they can definitely make choices that are harmful to themselves and to the people around them. You can't control their choices, and you will not be able to deter their path if they want to pursue it. Even if that path leads them and theirs into destruction and ruin. It's a sad human fact, and we all have our own perceptions and inclinations in the world. It doesn't make anyone "bad" or "wrong" but it can definitely be an unsafe situation to place yourself in.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

I work with such people in my professional life. Yes, they are legitimate people. But, why would you inflict yourself with their lifestyle on purpose? The drugs. The problems with the law. Addiction. The thefts from family and friends to support the addiction. The possible raids by law enforcement. The possible criminal charges you could get for having drugs in your home, your car.

You have free will. You can use it to protect yourself if you wish. I would suggest relying upon that.
Myrth
springsgrace

Post by springsgrace »

Thank you all for your replies!
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
cynderella

Post by cynderella »

Rosie- I believed that I did that for my ex husband and now can't get his negative mentality and bad vibes off of me. It's been over 3 years... How did you find relief and change your views back to how you were prior to the impact? Any advice would be helpful.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I just made sure I had a successful life without my ex. Best thing I ever did for myself.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

cynderella wrote:Rosie- I believed that I did that for my ex husband and now can't get his negative mentality and bad vibes off of me. It's been over 3 years... How did you find relief and change your views back to how you were prior to the impact? Any advice would be helpful.
Cynderella, snowcat is right, a big part of it was making my life successfull and happy without him in my life. But, I still felt something "hanging around" if you will, something negative I took from him. I posted on here about wanting an energy cleansing, and some of the responses I got were about cutting cords and that has helped tremendously. Especially, imagining the tennis balls with strings that you can cut. Here is the link to that post. Hope this helps!

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... hp?t=29330
cynderella

Post by cynderella »

Thank you so much!

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”