Effective spells and rituals with simple or no supplies?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
lisian-in-secret

Effective spells and rituals with simple or no supplies?

Post by lisian-in-secret »

As I've been researching for certain spells, so many of them are so elaborate and require a lot of things. As I am a college student still living at home I don't have the freedom or finances to obtain most of the items required to perform certain to most spells. Do any of you have or know of any spells that may require simple things like olive oil or salt, or better yet no supplies at all?

Blessed be,

Lisian.
Lillady

Re: Effective spells and rituals with simple or no supplies?

Post by Lillady »

Keep in mind not all spells require tools. Your simple belief and power within yourself can make things happen.
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

I just picked up a book by Scott Cunningham called Earth, Air, Fire & Water More techniques of Natural Magic and it's all about natural and minimal tools! I'm still very new to Wicca, I rent and am a guardian to 5 kitties and dog so money is tight with me as well. I found this book perfect for this situation. Here is an example of tools used in one of the spells....House Plant Blessing -one potted house plant - one pencil or green pen - one 1 inch square piece of paper -a small amount of water. And there are many others in this book also using very little tools and some that require none at all!
lisian-in-secret

Lillady, that is very true, though at times I feel I don't have enough within me to do spells without required tools! Maybe it's a new Wiccan thing? Tigerlilly, I will be sure to check out that book! That example sounds wonderfully simple and doable. Wiccans on a budget unite. Haha. :-)
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Lisian, I would also suggest exploring kitchen witchcraft, if you like cooking or stuff like that. It's one of those things that you probably already have the tools for at home, and you most likely have a LOT of ingredients, like herbs, salt, and oil already at your disposal. It also has the advantage of being discreet, since no one but you has to know that you are working magical intent into your food or household chores!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I like to recommend "The Magical Household: Spells & Rituals for the Home" by David Harrington & Scott Cunningham. This book outlines ways to create sacred space in your home with simple rituals and few tools.
LadyCoyote

Post by LadyCoyote »

Ultimately as everyone is saying you can work rituals into anything. Having a spiritual life means finding meaning in everything you do. If you can look at an enchilada you make as something that represents layers, then finding certain colored food to put in them then you are working with color magic as well as symbolism. Because layers could mean protection. Expensive tools aren't needed for wicca. It's nature based anyway, and nature is everywhere, and cheaper than a wand and altar set you could buy.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

i find the best spells are the simplest so i have alot of them in my bos, my online bos has a few also
but i have to agree with what the others have said you can turn anything into a simple ritual and you can make big rituals that are complicated into simple ones that work for you
also i dont use any tool and ik of a lot of people who dont either, just use what you have and what you think works best for you
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I would recommend candle magick too. It's simple and doesn't require many tools. A simple white candle can be used in most rituals. You can also use herbs from your kitchen in candle magick. Like BabyBear, I like simple rituals that don't require many tools and expensive things.
lisian-in-secret

I couldn't thank you guys enough for all the replies. Hmm kitchen magic actually seems perfect. How does it work? Is it still effective? I'll have to research this one!!!

Blessed be :-)
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I have had a lot of good results with kitchen magic. You can read more about the threads in our Kitchen Magick subforum. There's a lot of stuff that falls under the umbrella of kitchen witchcraft, such as cooking magical recipes, doing your chores with magical intention (e.g. working in a magical cleansing while you're sweeping), making oils, even making an altar in the kitchen. You are less likely to use formal ritual tools; instead, many kitchen witches substitute a chef's knife for an athame, a wooden spoon for a wand, a pot for a cauldron, etc. So to the casual observer, you might just look like you're making soup, but they don't realize that you are stirring the soup sunwise and adding a few choice herbs for healing properties. As many people have said, magic and witchcraft doesn't require many fancy tools -- just a bit of creativity and the willingness and intention to do magic. Kitchen witchcraft is simply taking many of the things that you already do, and with a little creativity, giving it a little magical "oomph".

(I've wanted to write an introduction to Kitchen Witchcraft article for a while ... might try to do that soon!)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Here I go again !
For all those on strict budget my recommend doing online surveys about
stuff you buy, things people in household are doing, vacations...etc
I average at least $20/mo and sometimes its $40, keeps me in books
and stones I'm getting at esty.com for crystal grids...etc. Can't hurt
just to check out. If interested pm me.
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

lisian-in-secret wrote:As I've been researching for certain spells, so many of them are so elaborate and require a lot of things... Do any of you have or know of any spells that may require simple things like olive oil or salt, or better yet no supplies at all? .
Responding to an old topic

Easy Circle - no supplies

Stand where the center of the circle will be. Face your choice of North to align with 🌎 or East for 🌞.

- Ground by passing your🤚🏼hand from crown-to-crotch, as you imagine the ↕️ vertical axis along your spine descending into the Earth & upwards to the sky; & Center by tracing an ✖️ on your middle as you imagine the vertical & horizontal 4-Ways *️⃣ intersection.
- Cleanse yourself with the 🙈🙉🙊 gestures saying: "I see no evil. I hear no evil. I speak no evil. All about and within me is harmony." Breathe deeply & let that sink in.
- Energize by swinging your arms forward and back for a minute to pump up some juice.
- Cast a Simple Circle - Load, Aim and Push 👉🏼 while turning ↩️ to form a sanctuary.
- Cone of Power You can slip right into meditation here, divination or spell work you want to do. No spell materials are needed. You can raise, program & charge the Circle's Cone of Power itself to carry your intention. Imagine the Circle as a blue mist rising from the Earth below your feet & spiraling🌀 around you. Think -&-Feel your intent in the gut & feed it into the spiraling mist like a hologram. Speak your intent into the mist as a completed, present-tense event. When you know it IS thus/so, give thanks & then release the spiraling Cone of Power to fulfill the task: "Aid friends and vanquish foes. I command you now to GO." Push! Trust the system. Rest.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Tip
. Incantations tell power what to do - so don’t say what you don’t want, say only what you want results to be; rhyme aids concentration & repetition adds strength
. Moon - waxing🌓 for increase/attract; full🌕 for most power, waning🌗 for decrease/banish
. Liminal Hours - dawn, noon, dusk, midnight are “between” day & night, yesterday, today & tomorrow so magnify energy.
. Setting intention - load - breath holds power; draw power on the breath to the belly; aim - think of the goal; shoot - push from the belly & out your hands 🙌🏽
. Make sacred work-space: 🧹sweep 🔄 widdershins; light incense; load-aim-&-push👉🏼 to cast circle deosil ↩️

Spell methods
. 🍾Bottle/jar for protection - add rusty nails, bent pins, salt, tangled thread, tin foil confetti, vinegar; charge 🙌🏽 to deflect harm; bury at door; OR as a wish spell - add goal-related herbs, stones, charms, petition, sigil, 🙌🏽 charge & place on altar.
. 🕯Candle - dab & spread oil on a candle to hold the psychic charge & 🙌🏽 set intent while repeating your incantation; let it burn completely out; discard stubs 🚮
. 🪢 Cord/9-knot - tie 1 knot in twine per each line of the rhyme -”By knot 1 the spell’s begun, by knot 2 it comes true, by knot 3 so it shall be, by knot 4 power is stored, by knot 5 the spell’s alive, by knot 6 the spell is fixed, by knot 7 it is given, by knot 8 it is fate, by knot 9 X is mine.” At a liminal hour undo the knots to free their power. Note - a binding spell is burned/buried with the knots intact.
. 📝 Petition - briefly write a goal on a small square of paper📝. Turn the paper 1/4 turn & overwrite the goal with the recipient’s name or initials & birthdate, turn the paper again 1/4 turn & overwrite all with your signature. What is over dominates what is under. Add petitions to any other spell.
. 💌 Pouch/Sachet - add herbs, charms and stones to a pouch & charge 🙌🏽; put in a pocket or under bed pillow.
. 🈂️ Sigil - briefly write the goal, cross out vowels & duplicte letters; rearrange & embellish the remaining letters to make an artsy hieroglyph; draw a circle around it and ✂️ cut it out. Anoint and charge 🙌🏽 with intent. Add sigils to other spells. If a sigil is the whole spell then burn or shred the paper at a liminal hour to release the power.
. ❇️ Stone “grid” layouts - lay 🪨, 🍂, 🌺,🪶 in geometric designs to radiate the goal outward; 🙌🏽 charge with intent. Remove when the energy dissipates.
. 🪨 Stone stroking - use to induce light trance. Sit & sway side-to-side while stroking a smooth stone & chant your incantation. Use your dominant hand to stroke with. Use any smooth stone that is comfy to hold & rub. Cleanse a stone between uses.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”