Need a Spell to Remember Dreams

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Erydiel

Need a Spell to Remember Dreams

Post by Erydiel »

There were many times where it wasn't hard for me at all to remember what dreams I have had in the morning after waking up. But lately(since earlier this year). It's been really hard to remember what happens in my dreams, and I feel a little weird by this.
Is there a simple spell out there(that requires little to no materials at all) that can help with remembering my dreams?

Thanks in advance!

Blessed Be,

Erydiel
May the light always guide you on a dreary day.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need a Spell to Remember Dreams

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Erydiel, I'm told that hanging a bit of mugwort over your bed will help you have more vivid dreams, which could help you remember them. Depending on where you live, mugwort might grow wild in your area (I've found some patches of mugwort in weedy areas around where I live).
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Drinking a cup of chamomile tea before bed could also be really helpful in remembering your dreams. Chamomile is great for encouraging clarity of mind, and saying a really simple chant to yourself could really help too (maybe something like "With sun's first light, my dreams return to me / as I will, so mote it be").
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Opal~Ink

Post by Opal~Ink »

you can try a mundane method in addition to spells, too. Try setting your alarm to wake you up during or after a deeper REM period, about 4.5 hours after you fall asleep, and write down what you remember. According to scientists, dream recall is strongest if you're woken up straight from a dream, or shortly after REM sleep. Recall decreases the longer it takes to wake after a REM period.

I've noticed that waking up at an odd times and going back to sleep has triggered lots of things for me personally. Good dream recall, lucid dreams, weird little hypnagogic states.
Erydiel

Post by Erydiel »

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions, but Opal~Ink's suggestion seems like the one that I might be able to do...I wish there were some more suggestions, though lol
I wonder if anyone has maybe some helpful links that can lead to more info?
I could try the Chamomile tea, but I have green tea in stock right now, so I need to finish those before I get anything else haha

Blessed Be,

Erydiel
May the light always guide you on a dreary day.
North Star

Post by North Star »

Setting your alarm to wake yourself in the middle of your sleep cycle is a great idea. This helps tremendously when I am having trouble with rememberance. Lately I have been waking up a few hours after I go to sleep to bring my daughter to work... and it totally has increased my recall. My dreaming has increased so much it seems. Taking naps always helps me as well.

The most important step is to journal... by simply paying attention to your dreams and journaling everything, as soon as you awaken, you will begin to remember more and more. Might take time, but do not give up. Pay attention to them, take time to mediate on them during the day.

You could also meditate before you fall asleep. Tell yourself you will remember your dreams. If you want to be lucid, tell yourself you will be aware that you are dreaming. Meditate on certain questions you have, and see what comes out in your dreams.

Burn some mugwort before sleep. Pathouli helps me as well.

Any spells for dreamwork will work better once you work on the mundane.
Zili

Post by Zili »

once i repeated the mantra "I will remember my dreams" several times as I fell asleep and would remember them for a short while the next day

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”