Is there a spell to make people more open minded?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
RoseRed92

Is there a spell to make people more open minded?

Post by RoseRed92 »

My mother is Christian, and everything that isn't Christian gives her fear and the "heebie-jeebies". I went into a store that happened to have some occult items in it (it is a very rounded religious supply store in my local mall: christianity, Islam, pagan, Jewish, you name it, they have what you need) and she assumes I'm some satan worshiper. Now on all accounts, i appear Christian on the outside. She has no real reason to worry... In fact, ice been more religious than she my whole life and she is freaking out about my being in this store.

I understand that she is afraid for my soul... That she has good intentions behind worrying and nagging, but it's there a spell i can cat to make me more patient with her and she more open to other ideas around the world?
Heartsong

Re: Is there a spell to make people more open minded?

Post by Heartsong »

Hi RoseRed,

I think a spell to help make you more patient is a great idea, and would probably work better for you in the long run than trying to make your mom magically more open-minded. Giving her time and space to acclimate to your beliefs, and staying calm is going to make a much better impression than if she ever found out you cast a spell on her (not to mention that a spell that alters a person's way of thinking kinda toes the ethical line, although some might disagree with me on that). That is definitely going to require some patience and I think it's wonderful that you recognize that she's coming from a place of concern and love for you.

I have a spell in my online BoS that is meant to help you with fulfilling a need. I've set up a link down below, and it's very simple to cast.

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p185557
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Patience is an action. You practice it.

The best place to practice it is in a line like at the post office. Preferably with a lot of senior citizens in front of you.

It would be like saying: Is there a spell to train me for a marathon. We'd say no, you have to get out there and do the thing.

You practice patience with your mother.

If she was easy to deal with, you wouldn't have an opportunity to practice patience.
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I don't think that's entirely true, Chalice. I mean, yes, you're right in that patience is something that you have to practice, but a spell for patience is, to me, less about magically granting yourself that virtue, and more about self-empowerment, where you can feel more confident in the ability to be patient. Like your example of a marathon, it's true that casting a spell to help you train isn't going to make much difference in terms of making you faster or make your muscles less achy. But it can help motivate you to do those things.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

A spell for spiritual strength and acceptance

What you'll need:
1 White candle
1 White ribbon
1 Piece of paper
Something to draw with; crayons, pencil, pen..ect.

What you need to do:
Draw a Symbol on the paper that symbolizes what makes you, you.

Light the candle, while in your protective circle.

Take the ribbon and fold it fan style on your palm, hold it between your palms saying:

I'm powerful.
I am who i am.
No one can change me.
The Goddess loves me.
And i love myself.'

Tie the ribbon into a bow around the candle.

Hold the paper with your drawing over the candle, and re say the words.

Fold the paper and hide it somewhere in your closet. (Ironic)

Then say:

'Blessed Be.'
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Not quite to open the mind, but it will strengthen you when you feel your mom is putting you down for who you are
RoseRed92

Post by RoseRed92 »

Thank you so much! :)

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”