Prosperity Jar spell

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
creatrix

Prosperity Jar spell

Post by creatrix »

What you need:
7 dimes
jar
prosperity herbs
sea water
deity candle
5 tealight white candles
pens
virgin paper
pendant, stone, or object to be charged
offerings to deity including incense
athame or wand to cast circle and invoke deity
blessing oil
sage

Cast circle, ground yourself, and anoint forehead with blessing oil during a waxing Earth Moon (in Taurus, Virgo, or Capricorn). You may sage first - self and environment.

Call Quarters if you wish

Call Deity of your choice (suggestions: Lakshmi, Venus, Abundantia, etc.)

Use a proper invocation or come up with one yourself such as:
"Beautiful Beloved Lakshmi, Hindu Goddess of Wealth, Happiness, and Abundant Good Fortune, I INVOKE YOU!
I ask that you be here in this magical rite to release the mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional blocks I have about receiving prosperity in my life..."

You may want to sing or chant one of Lakshmi's mantras which can be found on youtube. Otherwise you can play Hindu or Indian music. If you invoke Venus I suggest playing her song from Holst's The Planets. Whichever deity you call simply connect to their energy through their music, etc.

In addition, if you are calling Lakshmi you may want to call Ganesh first because he is the remover of obstacles. If you enjoy the powers of the dual energy of Lord/Lady feel free to call in a masculine counterpart to your Goddess. Lakshmi's husband is Vishnu.

Offer flowers, perfume, pure water, incense, and fruit to Lakshmi or the deity you call. Light a candle for her. If you call a male God, light a candle for him.

You may call the prosperity Angels: Pathiel, Raziel, Gadiel, Gamaliel, and Barakiel. You can write their names on a piece of virgin paper in a star formation. Draw a star and place their names at the points. Put Pathiel on top since Pathiel is "the opener." Raziel's name means "the secret of God." Gadiel's name means "God is my wealth." Barakiel's name means "God's blessing." Gameliel's name means "recompense of God."

Use 5 tealight candles and place them on top of the Angel's names. Call each name and light their candle as you do it. Pathiel is associated with the gates of manifestation, Raziel with miracles, Gadiel with releasing negativity, Barakiel with good fortune, and Gamaliel with gracious gifts.

Fill a jar with prosperity herbs such as bay leaf, cinnamon, oats, whole allspice, etc. You can include protection herbs as well such as star anise to avert the evil eye. I even used some Harvest spices and herbs I made during Lammas last year and added more to it.

Choose an object to be charged in the jar in the moonlight as The Moon waxes.
A pendant would be ideal so you can wear it when you want to attract wealth.
You can also use a stone such as Tiger's Eye or a crystal or even a regular stone/rock.
You can charge multiple items if you wish.

On a virgin piece of paper write with your magical pen what your wishes are. I like to include "and it harm none."

If you wish you can draw runes in a formation making a symbol. I intertwined Gebo, Fehu, and Dagaz. Gebo is related to gifts, Fehu to wealth, etc. I used Dagaz because it relates to realization and awakening. You can draw this runic symbol over your wishes with thicker, black ink.

If runes don't resonate with you you can use other prosperity symbols which can be found online such as Chinese characters. Whatever YOU identify with prosperity is what matters, even a simple dollar sign would work.

Be sure to include your name. If you want you can write your name 9 times with the symbol over it. If you use bay leaves you can write wishes on them.

Pour sea water into the jar and place your objects in it.

Get 7 dimes and as you drop each one into the jar you will chant:
"Towards this wish the money grows, by leaps and bounds it overflows. Coins that jingle, coins that shine, come to me now,for you are mine..."
(I did not come up with the 7 dime chant, it is popular in prosperity/money spells)

It is your choice what you do with your wishes that you wrote down with your symbol. You may want to roll your paper into a scroll and run it across all the candles, allowing the deity and angelic fire energy to bless it, and letting the ashes fall into the jar. Or you can place it under the jar or you can put it IN the jar. Whatever feels right to you. Bay leaves with wishes may be burned or simply put in the jar.

Meditate/visualize on what prosperity would look like to you. Take your time. Close the lid on the jar.

Release the deity in similar manner to which you called her. I like to include "go if you will, stay if you wish, Hail and Farewell." Snuff out her candle.

Release 5 prosperity Angels by name, snuffing out one candle at a time.

Release Quarters if you called them.

Take down circle.

Charge jar for at least a week in moonlight. After or on Full Moon you may bury contents in backyard. Be sure to remove your special objects, such as your pendant so you can wear it.

Some people may want to put a green candle on top of jar and burn it each day before burial.

Feel free to take what you like from this spell and do it your way! You don't have to call both deity and angels, you can do one or the other depending on your preference.

Good Luck,
Creatrix
creatrix

Re: Prosperity Jar spell

Post by creatrix »

p.s. If you have bayberry oil, anoint your dimes with it and/or pour some in the jar!
AnaisStar

Re: Prosperity Jar spell

Post by AnaisStar »

Great spell. Im trying to think of something to do for this upcoming full moon and was thinking of doing something for/to reconnect to Lakshmi. I love the idea of this spell.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”