To erase a painful memory spell

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
BelliaArian

To erase a painful memory spell

Post by BelliaArian »

TO ERASE A PAINFUL MEMORY:

To banish a particular memory, pull it up in your minds eye; Mentally relive it, let it play out in your head.
Once you've done that and you are ready to let it go, speak these words aloud with the right feeling and determination:

Bless my mind and bless my heart,

let these painful thoughts depart.

This memory has run its course,

Now cast it out with Witches force.

On my psyche it has fed, and with these words, I deem it dead!

With Harm to None, So Mote It Be!
seidkonacat

Re: To erase a painful memory spell

Post by seidkonacat »

About a month ago, I lost someone very dear to me, and I think I might incorporate this into part of my planned grief ritual, if that's ok with you. Thank you for posting it.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Thanks for sharing this, BelliaArian. :)
moonlightrose

Post by moonlightrose »

I lost my husband some years ago; he'd been ill for almost a year (cancer) and I was with him as he died. I have been traumatised for a long time - it has left me with a cancer phobia, and some bad memories. I'll certainly try this spell - thankyou very much for posting it, and I wish you blessings.
Moonlightrose :flyingwitch:
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

I like the spell you have posted for erasing painful memories. I hope it works out for you; I may try it myself. I will personally add in some more meditation exercises in regards to reliving the memory and letting it go mentally. At the moment I am seeing myself projecting the memory into a pool of water where it will be reflected back at me, then I feel drawn to swirl it with my hand and watch the mixture created by the negative turn into light, then to my self. Smiling, back at me, if that makes sense blue_flee

Also, if I was drawn to use this spell for a passing of a loved one I would not use the words "depart", "cast it out" and "it has fed" in the context they are used here. That's just me though. Blessings,

FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

frozenlight wrote:I like the spell you have posted for erasing painful memories. I hope it works out for you; I may try it myself. I will personally add in some more meditation exercises in regards to reliving the memory and letting it go mentally. At the moment I am seeing myself projecting the memory into a pool of water where it will be reflected back at me, then I feel drawn to swirl it with my hand and watch the mixture created by the negative turn into light, then to my self. Smiling, back at me, if that makes sense blue_flee

Also, if I was drawn to use this spell for a passing of a loved one I would not use the words "depart", "cast it out" and "it has fed" in the context they are used here. That's just me though. Blessings,

FL
I think that's a good idea. I want to modify the spell to ease painful memories, really, more than erase them. So many of them are tied in with the person I lost, so I don't want them gone. I just want the memories to be easier to live with. Good suggestions.
Moondrops

Post by Moondrops »

I like this one, definitely. I will keep it mind for whenever I need something like this. Thanks for sharing :)

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”