NEED A CHILD PROTECTION SPELL

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
QuestionableEnergy

NEED A CHILD PROTECTION SPELL

Post by QuestionableEnergy »

I found one on here but it was for a new born. My child is almost 2. I wanted to do a protection spell for her and dont know what when or how..Please any advice? I am new and dont have alot of tools..but have access to a store that could supply me with herbs and stuff..
Heartsong

Re: NEED A CHILD PROTECTION SPELL

Post by Heartsong »

Hi QuestionableEnergy,

I found a spell that might be of some use. This one here I found on Llewellyn's site. It's a charm that you can refresh as often as you like, either by re-performing the ritual or just repeating the chant on a regular basis (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, however often you feel the need). It's very simple and doesn't require much. It was designed for people with children that are school aged, but the spell itself, I think, is applicable to a child of any age. I've used a similar spell before and it worked well.

Many people find sending their kids back to school to be a scary time for both parents and children. Before you send them out into the world, do this protection spell (if you want, you can have the child do it with you - otherwise, use a picture). Anoint the picture of the child with a protective oil like sage, rosemary, or juniper and/or sprinkle with salt and water and smudge with a sage bundle. Visualize the child surrounded by a protective white light and say:

"Safe and protected, this child will be
Until he (she) returns to me
Goddess our mother, watch over my child
With loving heart, both fierce and mild
Keep him (her) safe from threat or harm
With the power of this charm."

I'm also including a link to the actual site, so you can browse through their spells at your leisure. :)

http://www.llewellyn.com/spell.php?spell_id=4943
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
QuestionableEnergy

So is there an actualy charm? I understand the picture/child part but at the end of the chant it says charm?
TheGirlOfSecrets

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

You will need the following items for this spell:

A Green Candle
A black candle
A protective oil

Start at New Moon and repeat for full cycle of the moon.
Anoint Candle. Light at the New Moon, and say:

'' As the Moon waxes, so shall this child's prower increase.
Keep him or her from harm''

Picture the child surrounded by a ring of light. The more loving energy you invest, the stronger the protection.

Continue everyday until the Full Moon. When the lunar tide turns, light a black candle saying:

'' As the Moon wanes, so shall danger dimish.
Keep this child from harm''

Visualize darkness fleeing from the ring of flaming light. Continue util the Moon is dark.

Repeat as necessary
I am always never not broken.
QuestionableEnergy

Thanks for the other spell. I appreciate it! I am just trying to figure out how to protect her and as simple as possible because I am so new..and not dedicated yet! However both of these spells seem to be in my knowledge span!
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

QuestionableEnergy wrote:So is there an actualy charm? I understand the picture/child part but at the end of the chant it says charm?
Nope, although it certainly couldn't hurt to keep your child's picture on your altar or in a place that symbolizes safety or protection, kind of like adding an extra layer to the spell.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
QuestionableEnergy

Heartsong
Well I am doing the spell..not sure when because I am still preparing for room cleansing. I want to make sure its the right time and I am in the right place. Slowly gathering items and energy. Also have a 18 mth year old..so it makes hard to meditate and or cast..lol but I love her to death! I am also having my sister make some earings for her with a protective gem..this girl will be covered! I am trying to build up a gathering or good beginner spells and or cleansing...is this something you might be willing to help with..maybe send me your first favoriet 5 you did.? I dont want to come across like I am asking for your BOS but being so liked minded I am encouraged by you and feel a trust...so thats why I ask..
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I'd be happy to! ^_^

I'm glad I encourage you, that's what we all try to do here on EUTM. Everyone's had to begin somewhere at some point in their life, and it's always wonderful when someone helps you understand things and get started. I have to thank people like Xiao Rong, FirebirdFlies, SnowCat and Kassandra (among many, many, many others!!) for always helping me with my constant ponderings! I'm absolutely not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, and I truthfully haven't been on my path for very long (going on four years now, but still pretty new to some of the more experienced people I've met), but I'm something of a sponge. I loooove doing research and sharing what I find. :)

And I can only imagine how it must be to try and concentrate on a spell with a little one. It's difficult enough with my two dogs scrambling around my feet, haha. I'll PM you this evening with a few spells I've collected and used. You're also welcome to borrow from my online BoS I have posted on the board. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
QuestionableEnergy

I did..there were only a couple that fit my taste..I dont know..when i read them if i feel called to them then i save them..if i find myself wondering i just let them be...lol i know probably just weird to people..but its my method to my madness
QuestionableEnergy

QuestionableEnergy wrote:I did..there were only a couple that fit my taste..I dont know..when i read them if i feel called to them then i save them..if i find myself wondering i just let them be...lol i know probably just weird to people..but its my method to my madness
Not to say I am doing them all right away either...but prospectively

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”