Protective circle

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
EmeraldMist

Protective circle

Post by EmeraldMist »

Ok, so I'm on the quest for a house protective spell to keep evil out. How does one make a large enough circle with such power to protect a house and yard?
See all, be all
Be one with self
EbonySunset

Re: Protective circle

Post by EbonySunset »

Visualise a protective white light surrounding your home and garden. Make sure it covers the area all around and above and below, imagine your home and garden at the centre of a sphere or bubble of pure, white light. I do this with my house and I visualise negativity being deflected from the bubble of light back into the atmosphere and positive energy being absorbed. Reinforce the sphere/bubble a couple of times a week or whenever you feel necessary and whenever you carry out any magical workings, it works for me!
EmeraldMist

Post by EmeraldMist »

Oooh I shall try this like..tomorrow :) Thank you!
See all, be all
Be one with self
EbonySunset

Post by EbonySunset »

No problem!
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

Here's another one. Raise both your hands to the roof in the largest room in your house. Now say the following:
Holy mother goddess Divine,
Send thy angels
To guard my chambers.
Holy mother goddess divine,
Drop a dome
Over my home.
No evil shall enter these walls.
No evil
Even if the devil falls.
With the power vested in me
So mote it be!

Blessed be,
Magus Caster
Witches are their own alliance, their own life. They are their own breed and they are their own species. We are different from the modern man and are more in tune with the spiritual side of life.
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

At a maximum of 5 minutes after saying the previous spell, sprinkle a complete circle of salt around your home for extra protection.

Blessed be,
Magus Caster
Witches are their own alliance, their own life. They are their own breed and they are their own species. We are different from the modern man and are more in tune with the spiritual side of life.
MistressOfTheMoon

Protective circle

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

Magus caster wrote:At a maximum of 5 minutes after saying the previous spell, sprinkle a complete circle of salt around your home for extra protection.

Blessed be,
Magus Caster
But doesn't salt absorb all energies, positive or negative? If you use salt, then the pure beings won't be able to manifest and lend a hand in protecting a home. I think herbs that ward off negativity would be more fit for such a situation.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi there folks, think we should consider a few things here,
...Salt, no beuno in the garden, so to be using salt over and over to cast circles is a waste of salt and very bad for the plants. Salt is a excellent cleanser, and it does absorb negative energy, while leaving the power of the piece or place intact, and replacing it with positive energy. Use sparingly or not at all in the out of doors. If you want to use salt to cleanse the circle you can put a tiny pinch in the water bowl then asperge the circle and it's participants.
EbonySunset wrote:Visualise a protective white light surrounding your home and garden. Make sure it covers the area all around and above and below, imagine your home and garden at the centre of a sphere or bubble of pure, white light. I do this with my house and I visualise negativity being deflected from the bubble of light back into the atmosphere and positive energy being absorbed. Reinforce the sphere/bubble a couple of times a week or whenever you feel necessary and whenever you carry out any magical workings, it works for me!
this is a great way to encompass the house...especially in cases you cannot encircle the whole house!!!

We have discussed before using the word "no" in any form...it negates the very action you are trying to bring forth.
You would have better luck rephrasing like..."evil shall stay far from these walls"
Also... since I would think the majority of Witches and Wiccans don't believe in a Devil, you could remove that part altogether, the first part is great...
Magus caster wrote:Holy mother goddess Divine,
Send thy angels
To guard my chambers.
Drop a dome
Over my home.
this section could be reworded
Magus caster wrote:No evil shall enter these walls.
No evil
Even if the devil falls.
Try to keep in mind the law of attraction, like-draws-like. If you say "no" ...the universe only hears "evil"
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I just wanted to quickly chime in that table salt would definitely be horrible for your plants, but epsom salt (magnesium sulfate, a bath salt that's easily available at any drugstore) is a great plant food that's organic and everything ... I imagine that substituting epsom salt in your protective circle might be really beneficial for your plants!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Xiao! that is very interesting! However does Magnesium sulfate have the same properties as Sodium chloride? That I have no clue about. But I love the gardening tip :D
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Nope ... not at all. They're both salts in the sense that that's the general class of chemical compound, but epsom salt is used for a whole lot of other stuff (it can be used as a laxative, a paste to soothe aches and pains, bath salt, exfoliator, plant food ... ) I picked up 6 pounds of it for $4 at my local CVS.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
MistressOfTheMoon

Protective circle

firebirdflys wrote:Salt is a excellent cleanser, and it does absorb negative energy, while leaving the power of the piece or place intact, and replacing it with positive energy.
So salt only absorbs negative energy? And doesn't affect positive ones? From what I now, salt prevents all energies from manifesting - good or bad. So what I do when using it for purification and protection is use very little amounts of it.
firebirdflys wrote:We have discussed before using the word "no" in any form...it negates the very action you are trying to bring forth.
You would have better luck rephrasing like..."evil shall stay far from these walls"
Also... since I would think the majority of Witches and Wiccans don't believe in a Devil, you could remove that part altogether, the first part is great...
Magus caster wrote:Holy mother goddess Divine,
Send thy angels
To guard my chambers.
Drop a dome
Over my home.
this section could be reworded
Magus caster wrote:No evil shall enter these walls.
No evil
Even if the devil falls.
Try to keep in mind the law of attraction, like-draws-like. If you say "no" ...the universe only hears "evil"
Blessings, Firebird
Oh. Will keep this in mind. I have started working on my personal ritual workbook and may have said "no" a few times like "so that no evil remains". I try to keep each line a maximum of 11 syllables, since 11 is my birth number and "no" just seemed like a good filler when I needed that 1 extra syllable.
~ Ada S.
MistressOfTheMoon

Protective circle

Xiao Rong wrote:I just wanted to quickly chime in that table salt would definitely be horrible for your plants, but epsom salt (magnesium sulfate, a bath salt that's easily available at any drugstore) is a great plant food that's organic and everything ... I imagine that substituting epsom salt in your protective circle might be really beneficial for your plants!
Another thing to keep in mind :) Thanks for sharing Xiao Rong. This may sound odd for a witch but I have no garden yet. We do have a backyard and leave plants/trees to grow wherever they wish :D It's like our garden is a mini forest! Untamed and all over the place. I do plan to make my own little garden in the distant future to grow my own herbs and useful gardening tips such as these will come in handy ;)
~ Ada S.
North Star

Post by North Star »

Epsom salt is great for magnesium deficiency in plants. Not sure about all plants, but I think you want to be sure you need the mg before using, I have killed before with too much epsom. From what I recall it can help a lot with the ph balance. Great for sore feet, too! :) Love that stuff!

Lilgeekess, don't feel bad... I am totally slacking with my adventure to start an indoor herb garden. I still hope to get it going before winter. Not much of an outdoor season here, and my green thumb is more towards the indoor grows anyway. :wink:
MistressOfTheMoon

North Star,

I love the outdoors. But the outdoors don't love me :lol: Mmm. Yes, an indoor herb garden sounds like a better idea for the likes of us. Good luck with your garden then! I'll look forward to seeing pictures of it once you have started ;)
~ Ada S.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”