Just Ask

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
MaidenWolf

Just Ask

Post by MaidenWolf »

So, I've been looking around a lot of witchcraft sites and there is always a bunch of spells involving candles, incense, herbs, and fancy poems. I'm not critizing these spells. I use them and they reallly do help me focus on my intention and send my energy out into the universe. But I think some people get to involved on the glitz and glamour of witchcraft (after all, witchcraft is amazing, empowering, and, well, magical) and spend to little focus on the actual spell itself. I just want people to remember that a spell can be something as big and life altering as a love spell or as little as simply asking your deity to help you find something.

For example, I lost my ipod one day in the car. Now my ipod is my most precious posseson because music is so important to me. So, naturally, I was freaking out! I was so scared I left it at the house we just came from or it had fallen out when I opened my door. I searched through all my stuff, tore through all my bags, and searched everywhere! I was getting really frantic when a little voice in my head said "just ask for help." Well, I ignored that little voice and kept looking. But after about 5 more minutes of panic, the voice just hadn't shut up. So, I calmed my breathing focused on finding my ipod and just asked the Goddess to please help me find it. And she did. In less than 15 seconds, I had found my ipod wrapped up in the bottom of my computer bag, which I had already searched at least 3 times.

I just wanted to tell this story so people realize that a magik spell is something as simple as asking for help.
AutumnMaidens

Re: Just Ask

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Maybe we should make a little prayer for this, something like the Catholic Saint Anthony prayers...
Something like this maybe:

"Dear Goddess I pray, bring it back without delay."

Sorry, a bit off topic. You raise an excellent point, often ritual can be reserved for just that *ritual* you do not have to do it every time you wish to commune with the Gods.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
lilmizsunshine727

Post by lilmizsunshine727 »

Very well said MaidenWolf
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare
Aryn

Post by Aryn »

That's something I've always thanked the priest I grew up with for. He taught me that it was more important to talk to God in our day-to-day and when we need help than to simply talk to Him when we're in church. It was really insightful and became important to me in my spiritual growth. Now I read it as "Don't forget the Divine in everything, even what is mundane, and when I need help, even when it's not in ritual."
Some days it's better just to head for the hills and dance in the rain.

Namaste
Aniu

Post by Aniu »

When I first got into witchcraft, no one had told me the power of my own mind and thoughts. I didn't know all it took was a little prayer to help me. Also for some reason I felt like I shouldn't be bothering the Gods with my petty problems. Well when I finally decided on a pantheon and finally made a better connection with God and Goddess I discovered the power of a simple prayer. Now I get the help I need in minimal time...without the candles and incense and fluff.
Forever live in love and light!
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I second the original poster, just ASK! Sometimes you don't need candles or fancy words...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Aspiria

Post by Aspiria »

I lost my truck keys the other day. My husband and I searched everywhere at least 3 times. I knew They were in my jacket pocket so this didn't make sense that We couldn't even find the jacket. The third day I lit a candle and said a prayer to saint zita, who is apparently over lost keys and such. I walked out of my bathroom and had an urge to look between my bed and foot board. I didn't feel anything and halfway I pulled my hand out thinking They would have fell in the floor. I got to the end of my bed ajd got that urge again. I stuck my hand in and felt something bulky. I pulled it out...my jacket with my keys in the pocket. I did a jig. Said thanks ti zita. Noe I have to give her an offering. Which I'd a donation to the poor.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”