What are you doing for Beltane?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
autumnAria

What are you doing for Beltane?

Post by autumnAria »

My fiance and I are cobbling together a ritual that's meant to turn the fertility aspects of Beltane away from the more literal lets-have-a-baby kind and more towards a cultivating of our creativity. Both of us are writers and musicians so it's quite applicable ^ ^ Our plan is to get some potted house plans (yay city witchery) and dedicate them to our respective patrons (Flora for me, Tsuku-yomi for him) and envision their prosperity as the growing of our creativity.

What are the rest of you doing for Beltane?
raynelae

Re: What are you doing for Beltane?

Post by raynelae »

I'm doing a Beltane ritual to celebrate the the Goddess and God (Cerredwin and Cernnunos for me :D) I'll be dancing around a mini maypole and there will be lots of candles. Hope your celebration goes well! I think Beltane is going to be great :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
autumnAria

Post by autumnAria »

Thanks! This is going to be our first ritual together. And I hope yours goes well too ^ ^ That actually sounds like a lot of fun. You should take pictures.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I'm excited :) I will post pictures to Facebook....maybe I can post a link on here :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I'm going to be weaving my mini-maypole that I made earlier this month. I'll post pictures before I weave it (I decorated the stick with a snake for a double phallic representation) and all the ribbons are different colours to represent the different blessings that I wish for this year (and hopefully after!) and I'll post pictures when its done. I'll probably wash my face with some morning dew and gather some flowers to decorate the base of my maypole and the altar I will be working on. I hope to do a ritual during the weaving to invoke positive energies and invoke the blessings I hope and will for.
autumnAria

Post by autumnAria »

That sounds lovely ^ ^ I can't wait to see pictures!
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Ravencry, you reminded me to also wash my face with morning dew :)
I will probably do a little magick for my herb garden....and maybe an offering to the fae :)
RoseRidingHood

Post by RoseRidingHood »

I'm having trouble deciding how I should celebrate. Since I've been so busy and run-down, I kind of want to re-energize myself, revitalize my creativity but I definitely want to avoid a literal fertility meaning!
autumnAria

Post by autumnAria »

If you have access to it, there's a great article on creative Belatane rituals in the 2010/11 Llewellyn's Sabbat Almanac. That's where I'm getting my inspiration from ^ ^
RoseRidingHood

Post by RoseRidingHood »

Thank you! :)
Blackcat101

Post by Blackcat101 »

I live in the Southern hemisphere in New Zealand and the seasons are back to front. However my family is keen to have some form of celebration for Beltane. When I was a child I lived in England and they had dancing around the maypole and such like. We are keen to have our own festivities that are not commercialized like halloween and Easter. My daughter has decided that we are going to have a get together for Dia de Muetos and I want to do something for Beltane as well. I will see if I can obtain a wreath of flowers and have a nice candle lit meal. Any suggestions would be welcome
autumnAria

Post by autumnAria »

You could maybe do a mini maypole by attaching ribbons to a stick or maybe a long craft dowel. If you can't find fresh flowers that you like you can always do silk ones or maybe fold some origami ones out of colorful paper, that's one of the things I'm doing ^ ^ If you have any place where you can have a fire that might be nice too.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Also another Beltane craft is the May cone basket. Here is a link....
http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/beltane ... Basket.htm

I made one today for my mom and simply told her, "Happy May Day!" :)

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”