Spell Clean Up

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Spell Clean Up

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

What do you do with non-reusable ingredients after a spell is finished?

Herbs, candle stubs, salt, etc
It seems wrong to just toss it in the trash
I prefer to bury things, but if it's not biodegradable I refuse to do that.

AND: How do you dis-assemble a spells components without UNDOING the spell?

heres an example of what I mean:
I have a spell that requires a lime, vingear, sugar, etc in a sealed container
Now, common sense tells me this will be a moldy decomposing mess... eww. So I cant hold on to it
But the plastic container means I can't bury it... bad for the Earth
Will throwing it out/rinsing it out undo the spell??
witchmoon21

Re: Spell Clean Up

Post by witchmoon21 »

If its herbs, for example i have a healing spell that says you make a circle with cloves around a candle, in this case since the cloves are just by themselves and not mixed with anythign else i will put them back in their storage box.
if its candles i use them again, or i use tealights which burn fast enough.
I use salt for crystal cleansing more than once or untill it gets wet from the humidity in the air.
Now about undoing a spell if the time onf need has passed and the goal is achieved i just say a few words like "now my spell should be undone " or somethin and remove the ingredients from sachets and such.
About your bottle spell i would simply make a hole in the ground wth a small garden shovel or with my hands and put the stuff in there, then wash the bottle.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Victoria wrote:What do you do with non-reusable ingredients after a spell is finished?

Herbs, candle stubs, salt, etc
It seems wrong to just toss it in the trash
I prefer to bury things, but if it's not biodegradable I refuse to do that.

AND: How do you dis-assemble a spells components without UNDOING the spell?

heres an example of what I mean:
I have a spell that requires a lime, vingear, sugar, etc in a sealed container
Now, common sense tells me this will be a moldy decomposing mess... eww. So I cant hold on to it
But the plastic container means I can't bury it... bad for the Earth
Will throwing it out/rinsing it out undo the spell??
I am prone to burying, but I also dispose of things via running water, fire or, if I feel that it doesn't really pertain to the spell, I'll just throw them out.
  • Herbs (salt and sugar included), always throw out unless the spell calls for them to be burned, buried or tossed into water.
  • Candles are tricky. If they aren't burned out all the way, reuse them. If you get down to just the 'remains,' I'd bury it or just toss it (if biodegradable.) I don't use ones with all the funky chemicals, though.
As far as the plastic container is concerned, as long as you feel that the spell is complete, dumping it and cleaning out shouldn't hurt anything. Otherwise, bury or pour out the MIXTURE, then clean it out. Should be just fine, either way.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Use recycled paper soda cup or coffee cup with lid & remove the lid when you bury it. Scotch tape paper as a lid.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”