Writing Spells

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Cinder
Location: Travelling through my soul attempting to find myself.

Post by Cinder »

Thank you and Blessed Be!!!! :)
Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

"Well, I guess i'm that one curly fry in the box of regulars" ~Jason Mraz. :) <3

~Life is Good :) <3~
Sonni-Na

Post by Sonni-Na »

this is probably a dumb question, but do u really have to sleep with ur BOS under ur pillow for a week?
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Thats what I was thinking...I was looking online on how to start a BOS, and it said something like "To fully connect you to your BOS and to charge it with sufficient energy, sleep with it close to your heart or under your pillow for a week.". I'm not sure if that's correct because I found it on a Wicca/Pagan about.com article, but if anyone has any info on that, it would be greatly appreciated. I just finished setting up my BOS (Putting in the cover and Witch's Guidelines) and now i have put it under my pillow for the week...but once again, i'm not sure if that's correct.

"Well, I guess i'm that one curly fry in the box of regulars" ~Jason Mraz. :) <3

Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Okay, I got an answer :D you do not need to Sleep with your BOS under your pillow for a week. YES! :)

Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Well I suppose if you were a caveman that would be as soft as a feather! lol!

zenine

Post by zenine »

This might be a bit off topic now, hehe.. but anyway. Here's my spell writing tips:

- With the goal in mind, consider which elements suit the spell best (a success spell you might associate with earth for example, protection you might link to fire, or something else.. you get the idea).

- Pick tools that fit those elements. incense we all know is significant for air, the knife (or some people would say the wand), and/or candle is for fire, water; cups, chalice, glass, or maybe even just something liquidy like oils or mixtures. Earth? pentacle, or even just earth from the ground, or even powdered herbs, things like that.. Anyway, choose some materials that fit the essence of the spell. That's even if you feel like you should include any tools, but it uaually works better if you do, most people say.

- Decide which day it should be on. And the moon phase.

- If you don't feel like the spell is powerful enough for any reason, include a chant. Doesn't have to rhyme. It doesn't have to be long either. Just something you can relate to. This usually helps to tie all the actions together.

- You should have The aim, ingredience, words, moon phase (and day)
Name it, and you're done ;)
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
(William Blake)

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”