Hangover Cure

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Arcane

Hangover Cure

Post by Arcane »

Ugh. Does anybody have an old fashioned hangover cure recipe maybe an herbal remedy?
KaidaPyralis

Post by KaidaPyralis »

I dont have anything herbal, but I find Berocca to be very effective (google it, it's a tablet you dissolve in water to form a drink high in vitamins and things). The other one I used once was a cup of coffee for the tiredness, bread to settle the stomach, and a glass of pepsi. I then went training with the england taekwondo squad so I think it was pretty effective lol.

Kaida
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

Mostly symptoms are just dehydration. Drink plenty of water, a little lemon or mint in would be good. The way to not get them in the first place is too drink plenty water the night before too. The ancient Greeks used amethyst glasses to absorb the alcohol from the wine so they could drink all night (at least that is the story) so if you use crystals maybe try amethyst. Hopefully, you are feeling better by now anyway.

Kolohe
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Lots of water, Niacin vitamin C and protein should work wonders. The mint will take some of the pressure off your head, and I'd advise chamomile and willowbark for the headache. But keep drinking water,because for a while there'll be a lot of fluid output on your part. You are, after all, getting rid of toxins in your body.

One recipe I've heard has V8, hot sauce, a whole raw egg, clam juice, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Yum!

I'm told the Worcestershire sauce actually has vitamin B in it, and that they all have good stuff for your body. Without the egg, I could even enjoy it as a drink!
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Well I'm a bit late for the New Year revellers but water is definately the way to go, as has already been pointed out a hangover is basically caused through dehydration. As soon as you wake drink a glassfull of warm water with a tablespoon of honey added. Honey is composed of sugars like glucose and fructose and contains minerals such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, sulphur, iron and phosphate as well as small quantities of copper, iodine and zinc. Honey contains the vitamins B1, B2, C, B6, B5 and B3 and will give you the boost needed by replacing all these goodies back into our hungover bodies.
Arcane

Post by Arcane »

Thanks a bunch!
_Cheshire_

Post by _Cheshire_ »

I recommend juice. Good source of natural sugars and Vitamin C - drink a glass or two with a good multivitamin to help replenish any other vitamins or minerals you're lacking of - and steadily drink water throughout the day.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I know that this may sound gross to some and it is not a herb recipe but Mundo { a mexican stew} will kill a hangover
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

a berocca before you go and a berocca the next morning ;)
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

A big greasy fry up seems to be the way to sort me out of late.
But it's not everyone's ideal - it'll either kill or cure!
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

JBRaven wrote:I know that this may sound gross to some and it is not a herb recipe but Mundo { a mexican stew} will kill a hangover

sorry but it menudo . and well it depends if you had been eating it all your life like me nope it won't do nothing , but i think you said that because (no offense) but americans don't know how to eat spicy food . well actually some of them not all . and since menudo its kind of spicy i believe for people that are not used to it it will help them with the hang over
and its not groos its good :D
"Light up the Darkness" Bob Marley
Solitary_Wiccan

Post by Solitary_Wiccan »

Milkthistle is supposed to be good as relieving hangover symptoms. However it needs to be taken prior to the consumption of alcohol... :) lol.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Sorry for the spelling, my stupidity. When i lived in houston i ended up spending a great deal of time with a more Hispanic culture and they got me hooked. i love it.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I grew up in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I may be as pale as they come, but LOVE spicy food! Most of my friend's grandmothers could make better Mexican food than anything I can get here in Indiana... sigh...

Though there are a couple of places that give me... edible paliatives. One place even carries a truly Mexican green hot sauce!
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

one of my favorite foods is menudo with lots of lime juice and red pepper
oh and i love also lemon chips with lime juice and lots of salsa valentina :D yum yum yum
"Light up the Darkness" Bob Marley

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”