3 Holistic and Magickal Skincare Recipes

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
missbelladonna

3 Holistic and Magickal Skincare Recipes

Post by missbelladonna »

Hi everyone!

I had really bad acne in my teens. I definitely think it was stress/hormone related. I tried typical acne treatments like Proactive, but it would only work temporarily. I even got chemical peels which just made me miserable and didn't help at all. Something that really helped me was switching over to natural skincare, a lot of which uses botanicals. There are a few treatments that you can easily make yourself and may be effective if used regularly (remember, everyone's skin is different). I love this because I'm using high vibrational and magickal ingredients that have scientific properties to heal my skin.

Acne Fighting Facial Oil
Ingredients:
Coconut oil (a powerful anti-bacterial/anti-inflammatory)
Argan oil (amazing moisturizer and good for anti-aging)
Lavender essential oil
Tea tree essential oil
Frankincense essential oil (all anti-bacterial and soothing for the skin)

Just heat up the coconut oil a tiny bit to make it melt and add the other ingredient! I put it in a small jar, and it will solidify. You can even put in a small piece of rose quartz and say a prayer over it. You can massage it on your face with a jade roller if you want the benefits of facial massaging and healing properties of jade! I use it as a moisturizer in the winter, but in the summer, I just like using it at night or when I'm at home so it has to soak in without getting greasy under my makeup.

Self Love Rose Face Mask
Ingredients
Clay mask
Rose petals
Hot water

Make a small amount of "rose tea," and wait for it to cool before you mix it in with your dry clay to make a rose face mask!

Soothing Herbal Toner
Dandelion leaf
Chamomile
Lavender
Hot water

Make a small amount of "tea" from these ingredients and wait for it to cool. Take a cotton pad and rub it over your face when your skin needs some TLC!
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3 Holistic and Magickal Skincare Recipes

Post by Firebird »

These are great missbelladonna! Thanks for sharing.
I've make a similar one like the first but it is a scrub with sugar, and no argan or frankincense, but will maybe add that next time.
Do you keep the toner in the refrigerator to keep it fresh?
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

Thanks firebird!
I should definitely try a coconut oil scrub! That sounds amazing for legs. I usually make the toner in a very small amount because I think it would get kinda gross if it sits, but I think it would be ok in the fridge! Or you can freeze it into small ice cubes and rub it on your face for a cooling treatment!
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

missbelladonna wrote:Or you can freeze it into small ice cubes and rub it on your face for a cooling treatment!
Oh dang! Brilliant! with summer coming that sounds simply wonderful.
Thanks!
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”