Scrying Mirror. How to make

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Mirrorah

Scrying Mirror. How to make

Post by Mirrorah »

So, a few years ago, I went into the goodwill and found this hideous mirror. It's made out of ceramic and it's gigantic. It had all of these tacky looking cherubs around it, it was sort of like a ceramic wreath of cherubs and they were all of these ugly peach and green 80's colors and for some reason I wanted it, but I said, "No. Don't be ridiculous. That thing is ugly. What would you ever do with it?" It's so heavy that if you put it on your wall, it could pull out part of your wall. If it fell on one of your cats, it would kill it. But for some reason, I just couldn't resist. When I got it home, I painted it white, which definitely made it more attractive but I've never been able to figure out what to do with it and it's been sitting in my basement for years now. So, the other day I realized it could make a really cool scrying mirror. But when I look for directions on how to make one, they always talk about using glass to make it, you spray something over the glass and it makes it black. But what I have is mirror. Can you spray something on a mirror to make it black too? I could not use the mirror and buy glass I suppose, but I want to use the mirror. Thanks.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Scrying Mirror. How to make

Post by SpiritTalker »

No, i dont think so. A mirror IS glass with a shiny coating underneath. It's better to replace the glass & save the frame.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

One thing I have heard done, is to set up an ‘infinity mirror’, where you position two mirrors opposite each other and the continual reflection creates an eternal void. I’ve always wanted to try it, but I’m too partial to my crystals ;)

Apparently you need to angle the mirrors just right in order to see the void in the mirrors, but not your own reflection.
Mirrorah

Post by Mirrorah »

corvidus wrote:One thing I have heard done, is to set up an ‘infinity mirror’, where you position two mirrors opposite each other and the continual reflection creates an eternal void. I’ve always wanted to try it, but I’m too partial to my crystals ;)

Apparently you need to angle the mirrors just right in order to see the void in the mirrors, but not your own reflection.
SpiritTalker wrote:No, i dont think so. A mirror IS glass with a shiny coating underneath. It's better to replace the glass & save the frame.
Thanks Spirit Talker. I was also thinking, maybe I don't need to make it black. I could just let it be plain.
corvidus wrote:One thing I have heard done, is to set up an ‘infinity mirror’, where you position two mirrors opposite each other and the continual reflection creates an eternal void. I’ve always wanted to try it, but I’m too partial to my crystals ;)

The infinity mirror sounds cool. I'll have to try that some time. I'll have to read more about this and mke sure nothing could get out of the mirror. Otherwise, I don't think I'd have the guts to do it.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”