Ritual Bath to Bring Peace

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
hawthornefaery

Ritual Bath to Bring Peace

Post by hawthornefaery »

To Bring Peace

2 Tbsp. lavender leaves
2 Tbsp. chamomile leaves
1 Tbsp. peppermint leaves
4 drops rose essential oil
1 hematite stone
1 cup dry milk
3 to 4 drops blue food colouring. :D
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Just a bit of a caveat...be careful using peppermint (or any mint for that matter) in blends that will likely come into contact with sensitive membranes. Depending on the strength of the mint used, it can be rather...er... surprising.
hawthornefaery

Post by hawthornefaery »

Dually noted about the peppermint. I guess it depends on the amount of water used. I have a claw foot tub and fill it. So the amount of mint used does not bother me. Using the leaves of mint is not as strong as using the oil. But I do agree with using caution. :D
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Ooh- yes, thank you for that warning juliaki- I wouldn't have thought of that off hand. (And thank you for the bath ingredients too, hawthornefaery) :28:

My only caution? Use mint in moderation... it's also a pretty powerful aphrodisiac. :wink:

~BB~
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

juliaki wrote:Just a bit of a caveat...be careful using peppermint (or any mint for that matter) in blends that will likely come into contact with sensitive membranes. Depending on the strength of the mint used, it can be rather...er... surprising.
This reminds me of something that happend to me. This woman wanted me to buy something from her so bad that was "aromtherapy" oils she lied to me! I was looking at them ( not really that seriusly ) and she said she was a health nutritinist for years and years and nows alot about aromatheray. She said "Oh! this stuff is wonderful but when i birthed babys i whould just use the leaves of a pepermint pant and rub it all over the baby! Its so healthy Use more than directed!" So me being polit just put it down smiled and said i will think about it and walked away. My feoncie looked at me weird and said " She said it was good stuff why didnt you get it?" I said " Because i cant even rub pepermint leaves on my skin without getting a rash it whould be dangeruse to use numberus leaves on a baby."

She was also a very ...large.. woman and she tryed to sell me diet pilles that she has been useing for a year and thay have made her so healthy. Needless to say i didnt go back to her both....

But i have many books on aromatherapy and herbs and dangers so if anyone has a question if i dont know it off the top of my head i will look it up gradly for you.

~Addalaide
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

That's funny, Addalaide- thank you for sharing your story. :D (It is funny how many people out there think they know so much better than everyone else- and now that I think of it, I had a spearmint essential oil that I used to wear as a perfume that actually burned quite a bit for the first hour or so....)

~BB~
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

pepermint - Contraindications: Could cause irritated skin if applied neat ( neat means like the oil directly on the skin ).Do not use in baths. Not to be used in perdnacy or on children under the age of seven.

I dont have something on spearmint but i am sure its close to that. This is from Essential Aromatherapy by Susan Wormwood & Valerie Add Wormwood
Merry Part
~Addalaide

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”