Various Sigil Techniques, Including the Sigil Sandwich

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
AzothPendragon

Various Sigil Techniques, Including the Sigil Sandwich

Post by AzothPendragon »

Have you heard of Sigil Magick?

A sigil is a symbol that be anything you create. It can be visual or a mantra or magickal word that you make up, and speak.

Some silly "Chaotes" or Chaos Mages will tell you there is a certain way you should do a sigil, but there isn't.

One method a lot of people like to do is write down a desire, cross out all the vowels, and repeating consonants, then write them again like a symbol, mooshing them together to make a symbol. Then you charge the sigil with "gnosis" which is an altered state. This can be brought on by excitation or meditation.

One way I like to induce gnosis is to burn the paper. Then, some say, you are supposed to forget about the sigil. The idea is to program your subconscious mind to help you get what you want. You can also make the consonants into a new magickal word, and say it once, and forget about, or say use it as a mantra.

A friend of mine who calls himself an occultist, but not a Chaos Mage showed me his sigil technique, really simplified. He takes a marker, and makes a dot with it, thinking about his desire. Then he burns the paper with the dot.

So, anyway, the Sigil Sandwich technique:

Toast some bread and spread on it your favorite nut butter. (I don't suggest peanuts because they are hard to digest for our species.) I like almond butter, sunflower seed butter, and tahini (sesame seed butter.)

Then, you think about your desire, while drizzling on the sandwich a liquid sweetener like raw honey or grade B maple syrup, making a random design with the sweetener. Sprinkle on some cinnamon, then eat the sandwich. Eating is a type of gnosis, because now, you are in a different state than when you made it. ( :

Here's an extremely short clip of me in gnosis eating a sigil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on275BGohgQ
YanaKhan

Re: Various Sigil Techniques, Including the Sigil Sandwich

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, AzothPendragon.
Yes, there are few people here who do sigil magick. Me being one, I agree there isn't a "right" and "wrong" way of doing it.
I personally like carving sigils on candles and sometimes make "sound sigils" to use as matras.
I like the idea of sandwich sigils, might try it some time.
Thanks for sharing!
P.S. You may want to look this thread up.
Vendredi

Post by Vendredi »

I really like this method.

Sigils have been very powerful for me. Definitely keeping the sigil sandwich in mind. Thanks for sharing!
Yex

Post by Yex »

The sigil sandwich idea is delightful and whimsical. I love it.
love is the whole and more than all
SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

AzothPendragon wrote:One way I like to induce gnosis is to burn the paper. Then, some say, you are supposed to forget about the sigil. The idea is to program your subconscious mind to help you get what you want.
That's the key. Illusionists uses invisible symbols to produce reactions, one symbol in a card to be chosen, for example. Publicists, film-makers, uses subliminal symbols for same purpose, to produce reactions to help sell their products or to establish new tendencies. Both goes to subconscious.

Like the Sigil Sandwich, it has Chaos Magick signature.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”