Oil pulling

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Sylar_pf

Oil pulling

Post by Sylar_pf »

I don't know if this was a subject yet, sorry if it was.
So, today I started my adventure with oil pulling! I searched for home remedies for tartar on teeth that I got from coffee and smoking (I stopped).
I read that there were a lot of health benefits, not just white teeth, but clear skin, better digestion, less gum problems, etc.
Does anybody have experience with oil pulling, is it really so benificial as the Internet says? :)
mrsdavid1975

Re: Oil pulling

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I do this often with coconut oil. It is amazing what it pulls out of you. You can actually taste metals and things coming out into the oil as you pull.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I also do this with coconut oil for about 15 minutes. That's all I can handle. After my hysterectomy, my gums changed and they started bleeding. So I'm oil pulling for that reason. I know it can help with seasonal allergies, colds and other respiratory ailments. My teeth are whiter and I haven't had to take Allegra D for a few months now.

The texture is odd and it takes getting use to. I've read a recipe for coconut oil pulling cubes with peppermint oil in it to make it more pleasant. Some may like that, but peppermint oil makes me nauseous. I don't mind the coconut flavor. I go to the dentist this week for a cleaning....so I will see how my gums are doing!
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

That's great! Let us know is the oil pulling doing the trick for the gums. I'll post my results after a week.
I don't mind the coconut flavour, I don't like when the oil is chunky, but I dissolve it in my mouth so it's bareable. I do it for 20 minutes.
Coconut oil is really great for a lot of stuff, I brush my teeth with it, I used to put it on my eyelashes because they are pretty lame, I wanted them to grow and be stronger, and ot really worked! The same goes for the hair :)
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Sylar_pf wrote:That's great! Let us know is the oil pulling doing the trick for the gums. I'll post my results after a week.
I don't mind the coconut flavour, I don't like when the oil is chunky, but I dissolve it in my mouth so it's bareable. I do it for 20 minutes.
Coconut oil is really great for a lot of stuff, I brush my teeth with it, I used to put it on my eyelashes because they are pretty lame, I wanted them to grow and be stronger, and ot really worked! The same goes for the hair :)
Hm, I may have to try putting it on my lashes!! I use coconut oil on my long hair to tame & nourish it and I'll use it on my skin, but I never thought about my lashes!
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

bluejay_1919 wrote:
Sylar_pf wrote:That's great! Let us know is the oil pulling doing the trick for the gums. I'll post my results after a week.
Hm, I may have to try putting it on my lashes!! I use coconut oil on my long hair to tame & nourish it and I'll use it on my skin, but I never thought about my lashes!
Do it before you go to sleep, you can use an old mascara or eyeliner brush if you clean them or just smudge it with your finger. My lashes really grew and they are thicker. You can see the progress in 2 weeks or so. You can mix it with liquid vitamin E for better results.
Just do it before sleep because it can get in your eyes, it doesn't hurt, just the vision gets blurry.
Hope it works for you :)
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Sylar_pf wrote:
bluejay_1919 wrote:
Do it before you go to sleep, you can use an old mascara or eyeliner brush if you clean them or just smudge it with your finger. My lashes really grew and they are thicker. You can see the progress in 2 weeks or so. You can mix it with liquid vitamin E for better results.
Just do it before sleep because it can get in your eyes, it doesn't hurt, just the vision gets blurry.
Awesome! Thanks for the tips! Let us know your thoughts on oil pulling too after you've tried it for a while :)
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

bluejay_1919 wrote:
Sylar_pf wrote:
bluejay_1919 wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for the tips! Let us know your thoughts on oil pulling too after you've tried it for a while :)
Will do :)
hailmary

Post by hailmary »

Oil pulling is the best! It made my teeth so white and healthy that the dentist was surprised at how they looked. I have a ton of problems with my teeth due to genetics and some mental issues back in the day. So I was so happy to have been given the clean bill of health. I did it for about three months but I kind of fell off the wagon.
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

hailmary wrote:Oil pulling is the best! It made my teeth so white and healthy that the dentist was surprised at how they looked. I have a ton of problems with my teeth due to genetics and some mental issues back in the day. So I was so happy to have been given the clean bill of health. I did it for about three months but I kind of fell off the wagon.
That's great! I don't have much problems with my teeth, just one cavity and some tartar which I hope to be gone afer few weeks or months :)
AquarianMoon

Post by AquarianMoon »

Wow, thanks for starting this thread.
I've always wanted to try oil pulling but didn't know how it worked or what it was like. Can you this with any type of coconut oil? I didn't even realise it was good for your hair and skin. Thanks for the tips
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

FeatherBlossom wrote:Wow, thanks for starting this thread.
I've always wanted to try oil pulling but didn't know how it worked or what it was like. Can you this with any type of coconut oil? I didn't even realise it was good for your hair and skin. Thanks for the tips
For some reason I don't get notifications, sorry.
Yes coconut oil is good, you can do it with any kind but coconut is the best because it's not colored so it doesn't leave stains like other oils (olive, sesame...). I use it as a mask for my hair, once in a week or two really helps to regenerate :)
I already see results from oil pulling, my skin is clearer and teeth are whiter, also my gums don't bleed anymore so I recommend it :)
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

A few things came up over the last couple od weeks and I had to reschedule my appointment for today. I got an A+ on my dental report card!! My gums are doing much, much better and my teeth are clean, tartar free and white! So yay for oil pulling, although I have slacked off a bit too lately, due to my hectic mornings. But i believe it has helped with the majority of it ! No more bleeding sore gums!
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

bluejay_1919 wrote:A few things came up over the last couple od weeks and I had to reschedule my appointment for today. I got an A+ on my dental report card!! My gums are doing much, much better and my teeth are clean, tartar free and white! So yay for oil pulling, although I have slacked off a bit too lately, due to my hectic mornings. But i believe it has helped with the majority of it ! No more bleeding sore gums!
Woohoo! I'm glad to hear that :)
It's also good to know that it is working!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”