Vanilla oil for spells

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
dualhands

Vanilla oil for spells

Post by dualhands »

When proceedings to gather materials for a spell. If it calls for vanilla oil; should I use essential vanilla oil. Or is using vanilla extract ok? I have a feeling it makes a difference, however some spells I have found don't elaborate on the difference between the two, and distinguish what to use.

thanks for any help everyone, :D

-Dualis Lux Manibus
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
dualhands

Re: Vannila oil for spells

Post by dualhands »

I've decided to only use essential oils for spells that don't elaborate on what to use. Keeping vanilla beans in stock too!! :P
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I've used both, it's not particularly important which you use as the important part is what helps you stay in focus.
moonlitchou

Post by moonlitchou »

Are there spells with vanilla in it? If so, I'd be interested because I've got a huge bottle of vanilla oil
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Vanilla oil for spells

Post by SpiritTalker »

Source Vanillaqueen.com

Vanilla’s Magical Qualities

Written by Patricia Rain on February 26, 2009. Posted in Vanilla Facts

Much more than just an ingredient in baked goods, vanilla is a magical flavoring that can do wonders for most foods and beverages. It’s also very useful in calming our minds and bodies and helping us to feel good. Here are some thoughts and suggestions for making use of vanilla’s magic. For instance, did you know that vanilla is…

an antacid? Add a few drops to pineapple, fruit salads, or sauces containing citrus to soften the sharpness and give it extra sweetening. Put a little vanilla in tomato sauces to neutralize the acidity.

a lifter and enhancer? Add vanilla to give new “life” to flavorless seasonal fruits or other foods that need a flavor boost. Did you know that chocolate by itself tastes “flat” which is why it usually contains vanilla?

an emulsifier? Add vanilla extract to egg batters (sweet or savory), waffle or pancake mix, baked goods, or cream sauces to smooth and blend overpowering flavors.

a natural sweetener? Add a few drops of vanilla to vegetables, sweet potatoes, and salad dressings. It increases the natural sweetness of vegetables and provides a delicate, subtle flavor to salads.

an adjunct flavor for seafood, fowl, and meat? Use with roasted, sautéed or barbequed meats, poultry, wild game or seafood? Split a vanilla bean and place it in a bottle of olive or other quality oils for sautéing meats, poultry, or seafood, or add a few drops of vanilla extract to cooked fish, fowl, or game as well as to sauces and marinades. Use ground vanilla bean powder as a rub.

a stomach sedative? Add pure vanilla extract to mineral water or apple juice to settle a nervous stomach. To soothe and please cranky, teething or sick children add a few drops of vanilla to their milk or juice. Away from home and need something quickly? Coca-cola contains pure vanilla, and therefore used in many countries for calming an agitated stomach.

a natural calmative? Place several vanilla beans in a bottle or jar. Use as aromatherapy to soothe jangled nerves.

More Vanilla Magic

Burn your tongue on pizza or other hot food? Put a few drops of vanilla on your tongue to ease the pain and soothe the burn.

Love the flavor of chilies but can’t take the heat? Sweet neutralizes heat: add some vanilla to soften the bite but bring out the sweetness and flavor of the peppers.

Have problems with spiders living on the underside of your furniture? Add a vanilla bean or two to your furniture polish. Apply to both sides of your furniture. Bugs don’t like the smell and will leave, whereas you will have the sweet smell of vanilla lingering in the air.

House paint smell too strong? Add 3 tablespoons of vanilla extract to a gallon of paint to help cut the smell.

Problems with cat spray or skunk odors? Vanilla will neutralize these powerful odors. Natural vanilla air spray will clear the air; Dilute extract and apply to pets.

Want to disguise your scent when fishing? Rub vanilla on your hands before handling your fishing line. Lots of seasoned fishermen and women use this trick.

Want to attract attention with the opposite sex? Maybe even draw that special someone into your life? Wear some vanilla cologne, perfume, or oil. We’re hard-wired to be attracted to the scent of vanilla.

Want to lose weight? Wear vanilla perfume or carry vanilla beans with you. Smell the aroma of the vanilla for about five minutes before reaching for that candy bar – you may well be able to resist temptation as vanilla helps to cut cravings for sweets and chocolate.

Vanilla has been found to repair DNA strand and is an anti-mutagenic. Add a little vanilla extract to your beverages and use vanilla to flavor your foods as a possible cancer prevention.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

As a kitchen witch I say - use what you have available, make it as close to the original you can and transmute it in your mind.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I've been extracting some beans in rum. Still have about 3 months before its ready.
Haven't ever seen vanilla es oil, that would be fantastic!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

I make vanilla tincture, vanilla pod cut in pieces of 0.5 cm put into sterilized clean glass bottle add vodka. Shake daily tincture will turn brown as it matures. Rum can be used too. If you want it for baking/cooking, make a separate bottle for kitchen use. If you can find those pocket size/ little bottles than add vanilla bits to a fresh newly opened bottle. When I did not have either vodka or rum, I used a miniature kirsch liquor bottle.
Read somewhere back in Depression Era women dabbed a hint of vanilla behind ears to substitute perfume.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”