Herbal options for scarring from a burn wound

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Vesca

Herbal options for scarring from a burn wound

Post by Vesca »

Just to make a fine point of this, treating the scar after the wound has healed is not the same as treating the wound while it's still prone to infection.

Yesterday I found myself the recipient of a few 2nd degree burns from a cooking mishap and today I'm a little annoyed about the whole ordeal. Mostly because the burn isn't exactly small, and it's not in a discrete location so it will always show if it decides to scar.

Because I am a big fan of herbal remedies before chemically-compounded and manipulated products you pick up at the pharmacy, I figured I would look into more homeopathic means of reducing the visibility or development of scars caused by burns. Here's what I've found so far.

Topical application (i.e. you put it directly onto the skin) of:
  • Coconut Oil
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Cocoa Butter
    Honey
    Lemon Juice
    Tea Tree Oil
There are others listed around google that I don't particularly have much faith in, and because I've never treated any previous scars before I would like to see people's experiences with any of the aforementioned treatments or if you've had any success with other methods in the past (or have heard of other methods from someone you trust).
LoneWhiteWolf

Re: Herbal options for scarring from a burn wound

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

Be carefull with the Coconut oil / butter, you will smell amazing after applying!
Unfortunately I don't have any herbal experience, I'd love to see what other people's experiences are :)
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I have always had good luck with aloe vera gel, and tea tree oil. And I've had red hot molten glass stuck in my skin before! Burns are not fun.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

dualhands wrote:I have always had good luck with aloe vera gel, and tea tree oil. And I've had red hot molten glass stuck in my skin before! Burns are not fun.
Well that just sounds downright scary... I've been such a baby about my burns and they're not particularly big but they're just in that one awkward spot on your forearm that seems to touch everything.

I think I'm going to do some experimentation with the various methods and see which one seems to cooperate the best with my skin. :)

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”