Stovetop Home Fragrance

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
cloverfox

Stovetop Home Fragrance

Post by cloverfox »

Recently while I was moving I put this little concoction on the stove to make my apartment smell divine.

It's just boiling water, lemon slices, rosemary and vanilla extract. Use as much or as little as you like, but it's guaranteed to smell amazing and it is easy!

Only downside is you must leave your stove going so if you have gas then the gas bill will go up or electric stove will make your electric bill go up. Luckily this particular apartment I lived in paid for gas and I didn't mind so much.
Attachments
10488336_10152255237770003_4319356284809964287_n.jpg
AnaisStar

Re: Stovetop Home Fragrance

Post by AnaisStar »

I did this recently with orange slices and cinnamon sticks. The whole house smelled divine for days.
cloverfox

Post by cloverfox »

Mmm, sounds amazing. Thanks for the additional ideas with different ingredients! ^_^
LadyL

Post by LadyL »

One more thought ... keep adding water. I did this and forgot to add water. By the time I noticed I had an ugly mess at the bottom of the pot. It all cleaned up, but I guess adding water should be a given!
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I found a small electric kettle that I did this in and it worked out great as well.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

I wonder how a small, lidless crock pot would work.......
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I've used this recipe many times. It is quite lovely! Also you can jar it up and give it away as a gift! There are several various fruits herbs and spices you can use for different scents.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I've heard slow cookers work well for this as well (minus the potential fire hazard from gas stoves).
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I've also heard of people using the small sauce sized crock pots in this way. I love using stovetop " incense soup ". Heh. I also do spells on candle warmers ..

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”