Crafting incenses for spells and rituals

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Crafting incenses for spells and rituals

Post by loona wynd »

One of the first skills I had to learn to develop was the crafting of incenses for my ritual use. A lot of the commercially available incenses (stick or cone) do not really work well for my fiance'. He is very sensitive to scents and synthetic chemicals. So to be able to work with scents and incenses again I had to start crafting my own incense to use in spells and rituals. Now it is actually one of my favorite things to do when it comes to magical practices and ritual preparations.

Who else crafts their own dried herbal incense blends?
Holdasown

Re: Crafting incenses for spells and rituals

Post by Holdasown »

I love to make incense and prefer the loose stuff on charcoal. I love the smoke.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Holdasown wrote:I love to make incense and prefer the loose stuff on charcoal. I love the smoke.
I agree. You know its all natural and contains exactly what you want or need it to when you make it yourself. I believe making the loose incense yourself gives it more power. Your energy and thoughts about the need at hand go into the crafting of the incense. Therefore even before the incense is burned it gathers your energy and is powerful on its own.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

I make incense. Make loose blends and made cones just the once to try it.
A good site to learn or get information and recipes is www.incensemaking.com
Once made Kyphi but could not find all the ingredients so made Not-So_kyphi was long time ripening but very smooth nice scent so can imagine with all required ingredients would have been fabulous fragrance.
Kyphi recipes I read at www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/kyphi scroll down to see several recipes of it.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I really like that incense making thread, unfortunately many of the links break and take you to a warning ...people may steal your information! Dang.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

I had not been on the site for quite some time and notice that also. The seasons summer I did get to the normal page.
I ask at Reddit/r/incense about this so far only 2 reply that site has not updated their security certifications? I try to find email to send to the site itself but do not see it.
Years ago I printed out several pages of listings but see in ingredients list some new are there.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

ya, I was looking how one might contact them. Couldn't find a way to e mail, but they have a place where you can submit information, maybe that would work...
Aoo, update. I found a snail mail address, but then I found the last time the place had been updated was 2010...not a good sign, still the info that is still there is great. :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Nerys wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:25 am I make incense. Make loose blends and made cones just the once to try it.
A good site to learn or get information and recipes is www.incensemaking.com
Once made Kyphi but could not find all the ingredients so made Not-So_kyphi was long time ripening but very smooth nice scent so can imagine with all required ingredients would have been fabulous fragrance.
Kyphi recipes I read at www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/kyphi scroll down to see several recipes of it.
Both sites open to read just went to look today.:)
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Older video on incense making with kitchen herbs/spices.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Continued part 2 of video.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”