Kitchen Witch Spoon

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Vervain

Kitchen Witch Spoon

Post by Vervain »

I picked up this spoon for like thirty cents at a thrift shop. I'd been looking for one for just this purpose.
This is like a second wand to me. The swirly woman on the convex side of the spoon came from an embroidery pattern...
here: http://www.urbanthreads.com/products.as ... tid=UT3432

I woodburned this myself over the course of an hour, maybe two, on the floor of my bedroom (where most of my crafts happen).
The runes say, along both sides of the handle, "I glue, and I sew, and I boil, and I bake (side 1); and I put love and healing into everything I make (side two)."
The runes below the goddess say "Vervain," and the runes below the mandala say "Love, Joy, Healing."
Vervain

Re: Kitchen Witch Spoon

Post by Vervain »

Here's some more details--a pentacle on the tip of the handle, some swirlies on the side of the bowl, the alchemical elemental symbols...
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Wow, this is amazing. I would like one too :) I have a question - what do you make the burn marks with?
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I use a woodburner my grandfather gave me... I don't know the maker offhand, though. You can find good woodburners at just about any craft store and all over the internet--the major benefit of the one I used is that it has a very fine tip which is necessary for a lot of the work on this spoon.
TXCammy

Post by TXCammy »

that is awesome and great work. if only i could remember where i stored my wood burner a few years ago lol.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

OMG!! Vervain, honey, this is just wonderful. You did some really fine work there and the saying on the side is just so perfect for a Crafter :fairy:
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful!
Altairtigris

Post by Altairtigris »

That looks beautiful. I might ask my son to make me one, unless it's something you have to do yourself?
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Altairtigris wrote:That looks beautiful. I might ask my son to make me one, unless it's something you have to do yourself?
Thank you! I prefer to make my tools myself, but I absolutely would not say that anyone else has to! Especially if you don't trust yourself to get the results you want, and you want a beautiful tool, and you know someone who can do it, or somewhere to get it? Go for it! I've seen a few on Etsy as well, but not quite as detailed, and obviously you can't really do much personalization. Here are a few examples of other people's work:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GreenwoodCrea ... id=7192503
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWhimsicalP ... id=7123749
firebirdflys wrote:OMG!! Vervain, honey, this is just wonderful. You did some really fine work there and the saying on the side is just so perfect for a Crafter :fairy:
BB, FF
Thanks again! I wrote the little saying to put in my earth book, but I thought it was just so perfect for this project. :) It is my kitchen witchery motto, now, I think. :) The little poems and ditties I can write and put to real use is one of my favorite things about Wicca and Witchcraft, that creativity is SO encouraged and so useful!
Altairtigris

Post by Altairtigris »

Thank you for the links :)
lilmizsunshine727

Post by lilmizsunshine727 »

that is so amazing! I am going to have to do something like this for my cooking spells! Thanks for the idea!-
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Thanks for posting this. I have started to really love wooden spoons in practice. I have started to wonder if they are the original wands.
__Oracle__

Post by __Oracle__ »

Beautiful work !

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”