Tea Light Sun God

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Vervain

Tea Light Sun God

Post by Vervain »

Scene 1
VERVAIN center stage. GODDESS stage right. Stage left empty.
I have always felt far more connected to the goddess than to the god, and attribute this to being myself a woman. It makes sense to me and is okay with me to be more connected to her, but the extent to which I feel disconnected from the god has always bothered me, because I am a person who strives to achieve balance in all quarters of her life. Furthermore, there are distinctly male aspects of my personality and I would like to be able to connect these aspects with deity, and while the goddess is encouraging she is not altogether as helpful as I would like. So then, how to connect with the god?

Scene 2
ENTER TEA LIGHT, center stage.
I was just fiddling around with some tea lights today, and I bought a little terra cotta dish at the home depot to burn candles on, so I thought I'd take one of my pumpkin spice tea lights out of it's metal wrapper and just let it melt onto the dish. This is turning out very nicely. Furthermore, this plan left my fidgety fingers with a metal wrapper to play with, and there just so happened to be some scissors and a toothpick very nearby.

Scene 3
ENTER SUN GOD, stage right.

I did this by cutting slits in the wall of the tea light holder, first four, then four more into eights, then eight more into sixteenths. Doing it this way keeps the pieces fairly evenly sized. Then I used the back of my thumbnail against the tablecloth to smooth out the bottom of the holder (the middle, aka the circle part), and used a toothpick to draw the mouth, nose, eyes, and ankh. I prefer the side with the raised pattern (which would currently be the backside), but both look good. Now he's sitting with my candle, and I feel more connected to the god already!

I like this craft because it is super fast and easy, and requires only materials that most people (even non-witchy people, like apparently my boyfriend) have just lying around the house. I'm probably going to spray paint this guy gold at some point, but he's fine silver for now. Woo!

Best of luck and blessed be,
Vervain
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tea Light Sun God

Post by Xiao Rong »

Oooh, it looks super cute! I guess I haven't played with tealight containers enough, but I'm surprised that the metal is so malleable. Anyways, kudos to you for being amazingly creative.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Nice. Love the "stage play" motif, and nice pics.

I love the concept of recycling items in clever ways. I think each time one does this the thing recycled gets imbued with more power of the user, which I believe to be the concept behind stuff like black salt ("cauldron scrapings"), or the handing down of a mantle from the teacher to the student, etc.

With this particular project, whatever the Fire Element or a particular Sun God specifically means to the craft maker gets magnified --whatever that property or deity is, etc. The variable, I think, could be the symbol chosen for the 3rd eye of the sun's face, which should be a symbol significant to the craft maker's particular path.

Or, better yet, the symbol could even be a unique sigil created by the craft maker, rather than an already-established symbol, whatever. This is a cute "crafty" craft, if you know what I mean. I think kids would love to make it, too. :wink:

Thanks vervain.

Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I'm glad you enjoyed this so much! I think you're absolutely right about imbuing magickal objects with your own energies simply by crafting them yourself, and I agree that choosing your own third eye symbol is another way to do that. Every choice you make is more energy you're putting forth into something, because it's deliberate. When you recognize that it is deliberate, the energy multiplies exponentially.

I stuck my sun up on a toothpick (attached with wax) and let the candle wax melt around it--I'm really happy with the way he's turning out!

Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Also, thank you for directing me to the post about Black Salt. Very cool!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”