Housecleaning with Magic

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Housecleaning with Magic

Post by loona wynd »

This is something I do once a week. Though I have found that its more effective with nature music sounds in the background than the sounds of the tv (which I normally have on for housework and the like). I have a chant I use for sweeping and one I use for swiffering. Its been an effective way to keep the levels of anxiety and stress down in my home which is important for us both.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Isis3Anubis wrote:When dusting I always imagine the duster is a wand removing negative energies and then I imagine harmony and peace replacing the dust.
Housewives tarot - 5 wands.jpg
Housewives tarot - 5 wands.jpg (12.27 KiB) Viewed 7172 times
Hehe, reminded me of this. Note that she has 4 different-colored dusters, 3 attached to her belt..reminds me of the four elements, four directions, etc.

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I think that magical cleaning is something everyone can do. I also don't think that you even need to make any special tools for the process. You can use regualr house cleaning tools and get the work done. Its about cleaning with intent.
Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

I adore this post !!!
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Loooove this!

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Love this post!

I typically surface clean once a week.

Spring is when I do a massive cleaning/cleansing. Right now Im feeling some very stagnant energy in my house so I think it might be time for a massive cleaning/cleansing.

I tend to go through the whole house and clean out anything that I dont need: closets, drawers, etc. Donate clothes, books, or toss out things I dont use anymore. Then I open all the windows to let fresh air in and let the stagnant energies out.

I light a cleansing incense in every room, usually sandalwood or sage. I want to make a sage spray now for future use as well. Im also going to make a cleansing/smudging cleaning spray to clean and cleanse surfaces. I dust, vacuum etc every nook and cranny.

I do this all with music blasting.

Then I take a few minutes to meditate, focus on releasing negative energies from the home, and visualizing the house being protected in a bubble of light, and blessed with abundance and prosperity.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Very thorough, Anaistar (phew, I'm kind of tired now just reading it --just kiddin').

I know from your other posts that you are very serious about spiritual hygiene. Many here post about sensing negative energy in their homes, etc. I hope they are inspired by your example. Folks, just as we clean in the mundane, we have to diligently clean in the spiritual domains, or they get "dirty" as well, and then affect us and our loved ones in the physical realm (admittedly, I could get more consistent with this, lol). "Debris" of a different sort accumulates.

As one who hates housework, I thank you all for sharing your ideas and tips, Anaistar. I love how we all help each other.
smileylove

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

This popped up onto the main forum at just the right time! Haha! I was trying to figure out if there were any better alternatives for cleaning to use with magick, as I'm trying to get things together for my new house! I'll definitely be book marking this, thanks Kassandra! (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I was just cleaning with a little Eucalyptus myself. I love the clean I get with it. I also like to use apple and cinnamon in my kitchen. It smells amazing.

Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

My house is a wreck and my motivation is about a .05 on a scale from 1-10 lol. I am going to employ some of the suggestions in this thread today to get some stuff done. I am, for the first time in a loooong time, actually looking forward to getting started on it since I rediscovered this thread. I think it will really help my motivation.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Pinkpower_80 wrote:My house is a wreck and my motivation is about a .05 on a scale from 1-10 lol. I am going to employ some of the suggestions in this thread today to get some stuff done. I am, for the first time in a loooong time, actually looking forward to getting started on it since I rediscovered this thread. I think it will really help my motivation.
When I find myself lacking motivation, I like to light a candle and an incense and say a little prayer for patience and will. This works great for me-especially when I have a big cleaning task like the bathroom-no one likes cleaning a bathroom, lol.

Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

TwilightDancer wrote: When I find myself lacking motivation, I like to light a candle and an incense and say a little prayer for patience and will. This works great for me-especially when I have a big cleaning task like the bathroom-no one likes cleaning a bathroom, lol.

I actually did that yesterday, too! I also put a pot of water on the stove & added some citrus peels I had frozen, a stick of cinnamon, 2 anise stars, and I sprinkled some homemade cascarilla powder in it into the shape of a Pentagram. I said a prayer while making it & let it simmer all day. It smelled amazing & I seemed to draw good vibes and energy from it. Yesterday was a pretty good day, even if I did spend it cleaning lol. I've got the pot of goodies going today too & I added more cascarilla to it for the day.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I didn't do any cleaning with witchcraft, but I did just make my own 'febreeze'. I'll call it "SakuraBreeze" or something. Title still pending. Hehe.

But I just mixed a bit of clary sage oil, geranium and rose oil together in warm water that was in a spray bottle. I used it to raise the vibrations of my new house as well as to 'smudge' without actually smudging. So in a sense, I did 'clean', just not physically.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

That's a great idea!
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! It has really helped, because while I haven't opened myself up yet in this house to feel if anything is here (I want to be used to the home before I start going there. Haha!), I am still sure something's here given the age of the house and the fact that I was locked out of my room today when I never locked the door and my keys were INSIDE the room. So I've been spraying around to try and assert 'dominance' so to speak, and to say that it's alright if they're here, but they need to respect me. (:

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”