Housecleaning with Magic

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Heartsong

Re: Housecleaning with Magic

Post by Heartsong »

This is a great post, thank you for sharing! I always play my favorite chants when I do the dishes, since it's my least favorite chore. That way, I can make it a more positive experience. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I thought about this post when I was cleaning my house Sunday. I wore my cat ears and had a pot of water on the stove that I added vanilla and rum extracts to for a nice smell. I sometimes clean with music on and it's usually a specific cd or two.
Heartsong wrote:This is a great post, thank you for sharing! I always play my favorite chants when I do the dishes, since it's my least favorite chore. That way, I can make it a more positive experience. :)
I don't like doing dishes either. That's actually when the God and Goddess hear from me most because I sometimes grouch to them about it. :P

Does anyone know what stores carry crystal salt lamps? I'm allergic to dust and I'm hoping that one might be beneficial to me.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Echo_of_shadows wrote:Does anyone know what stores carry crystal salt lamps? I'm allergic to dust and I'm hoping that one might be beneficial to me.
In my area, they sell them at New Age-y stores, or some health food stores. Like most things though, I'm sure you could easily find them online.

Echo_of_shadows

Hmmm sounds like online might be my best bet. Thanks Kassandra. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Echo_of_shadows wrote:Hmmm sounds like online might be my best bet. Thanks Kassandra. :)
No prob.

Echo_of_shadows wrote:...when I was cleaning my house Sunday. I wore my cat ears and had a pot of water on the stove that I added vanilla and rum extracts to for a nice smell.
Nice.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This has been a most helpful and fun thread, I really like the pic in the beginning of the woman who is fascinated by housework, me?... (NOT!) but I get a kick out of ALL the pic's in this thread.
I think it is really important also...this magical housecleaning. The idea of taking mundane, daily work to a spiritual level is really uplifting and refreshing. Though I have almost always swabbed the deck with a eucalyptus and lavender blend I had rarely make it a magical act.
This thread is so inspiring it almost makes me want to do MORE housework than I normally do, and now in thinking back on my housecleaning life, I had a revelation...there was a time when my favorite way to clean the house was Skyckad!! :surprisedwitch: (Roofclad?)!!. :surprisedwitch: (see, this way you don't get your clothes all smelly and dirty :shock: )..anyway, get real down and grungy wall to wall cleaning, with the super grime on your knees, sweaty Betty with your hair all in a bun (yuck). Then off to the shower with some sort of body scrub!! Ahhh all ready for Ritual now ! :fairy:
Yeah! Skyclad cleaning Witches with their crowns :fairy: , I was well on my way to the Craft and didn't even know it yet . :flyingwitch:

Here is a link to my favorite bulk herb company...I have posted it before, but it may be more helpful here, they have just about every herb you can think of, as well as really quality essential oils, spices and other bulk cooking mixes. I get my frankincense tears through these guys because I make quite a lot of my own blends, (they also have Myrrh, Dragons blood resin, Benzion and some clays)
http://www.frontiercoop.com/
FF
Love it!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

firebirdflys wrote:This has been a most helpful and fun thread..This thread is so inspiring...
Yes, I've really been inspired by everyone's sharing of their own ideas and techniques that have worked for them. I actually come back to this thread frequently...anything to motivate me to do housework. And it's working quite well; I've actually finished some cleaning projects that were thorns in my side before. So thanks, everyone, for the synergistic energy!

I could totally understand skyclad cleaning, esp in SoCal. lol It gets pretty warm, and sometimes the greatest of air conditioning still just doesn't cut it when it's 100+ outside and the walls and ceiling are all hot. And yes, I'd say the "cleansing" afterward in the shower feels as psychologically cleansing and it does physically.

firebirdflys wrote:...Myrrh, Dragons blood resin, Benzion and some clays...http://www.frontiercoop.com/
Ooo, a few of my favs. Thanks for the recommendation.

Echo_of_shadows

firebirdflys wrote: (Roofclad?)!!.
:lol: Cute term and it makes perfect sense.
North Star

Post by North Star »

The house cleaning rituals of witches. Love it! :flyingwitch:

When it is time for some serious cleaning for me, I start with Stevie Nicks. Then the first thing I always do before the scrubbing starts is light some scented candles and wax melts, open the windows (even in winter I have to crack them for some fresh air) then I tend to my indoor plants. Watering, feeding or trimming, whatever needs to be done. I guess it is part of the process for me...my own little ritual. Covers all the elements (Stevie being spirit maybe, lol). :D

Followed by an elemental/spiritual cleansing of the whole house, then a cleansing shower or bath with sea salt.

And I love my salt lamp! I do notice a lot less dust in my bedroom. Love the soft glow also. ♥

Echo, you may get lucky at certain retail stores, check the home lighting/lamps section, I have noticed more stores are carrying them. I got mine locally at a Fred Meyer store. :)
Echo_of_shadows

North Star wrote:Echo, you may get lucky at certain retail stores, check the home lighting/lamps section, I have noticed more stores are carrying them. I got mine locally at a Fred Meyer store.
It would be nice if I could find a salt lamp at Walmart or Meijer, since those are the only stores I've been to in the last couple months. I'll keep an eye out for one instead of just saying "Oooh pretty!" every time I'm in housewares. :P
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have seen salt lamps for as cheep as 12 bucks at Home Goods store...but not every one has the same sort of stores....I had never heard of Fred Meyers till I went to Oregon, I wondered about Pier One Imports, or Cost Plus...or maybe some other import store. My local Health food store carries them, but they are a fortune there.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Echo_of_shadows

I've thought about Pier One Imports, but there isn't one near me. The one that was closest to me is a Halloween store now. The other one in town is way on the other side of town. :(
A friend of mine recommended the local Magick supply store. I think a trip there in person is required because their website is frustratingly unhelpful. :roll:
annie

Post by annie »

Hi There!

Thank you this so great, I have been suffering from depression for a while now. I believe the sea salt with some prayers will help with our neighbor, we have been having trouble with . Next week I am going on line to get some candles and supplies . I too am really not crazy over cleaning house, but you gotta do what you gotta do. And with a parrot throwing his bird seeds across the room and then giggling what can you do . thank you again it made my day . Blessings
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Haha, such a fun thread! I love it! The picture with the house on fire absolutely rocks.
My greatest inspiration for cleaning, however, is a TV show - "How clean is your house" - they have some amazing tricks to help clean the house.
On the magickal note, I clean and mop from the inside - out every time. I draw pentagrams on the doors with essential oil and I drop essential oil on the lamp bulbs.
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

When dusting I always imagine the duster is a wand removing negative energies and then I imagine harmony and peace replacing the dust. I remember reading something that said negative energy tends to build up in corners and closets, so I make it a point to clean those too.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”