Housecleaning with Magic

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Kassandra

Housecleaning with Magic

Post by Kassandra »

Source: pinkcatshop.com/products/bar--lounge-and-den-coasters/coa096-cool-coaster---housework-fascinates-me.-i-can-watch-you-do-it-all-day-long..html

The antidote to housecleaning drudgery is magical fun. When we bring a little earthy magic to our spring cleaning, the result is a deeply nourished spirit as well as a cleaner house!

Here are a few simple ways to discover the joys of cleaning with spirit:

1. SING A SPECIAL SONG AS YOU CLEAN

If you know an earth-centered song, great. If not, make something up. Repeating even the simplest of tunes (with or without rhyming words) can help you relax, deepen, and open. You don’t have to sound like a “professional”–don’t judge yourself, just have fun with it.

2. CLEAN BAREFOOT
This changes one’s perspective, somehow. As you clean, visualize rootlets growing from the soles of your feet, going down through your (clean) floor into Mother Earth.

3. MAKE YOURSELF A CLEANER'S CROWN
After all, you deserve a crown for all the work you do. Ribbon, paper, fake flowers–anything that strikes your fancy–can be used to make one. While you‘re at it, make up a silly name for yourself. If you‘re a warrior-type, you could be Spic n’ Spanna, Fighter of Grime; invent stories about your battles and adventures. Or become Our Lady of Perpetual Mopping; see yourself as a healer and soother, a sort of Mother Teresa of the kitchen. Your crown would be more of a halo. Maybe you’d be happy as the Wise One of the Woods, wreathed with wild grapevine. Find a character that suits you.

4. CLEAN GREEN
Nothing discourages feelings of connection to the earth like toxic and carcinogenic chemicals. If your cleaning products are filled with them, your inner self can sense it, and it won’t be happy. Check out our care2 channels for lots of simple kitchen-cupboard cleaning formulas, or try some of the earth-friendly products from your local natural foods store.

Note: Try these natural cleaner recipes contributed by EUTM member, Alura: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=24280 --Kassandra]

Source: kitschagogo.com/cst3030-i-dont-do-housework-on-days-that-end-in-y-single-coaster.html

5. ADD A STRONG HERBAL TEA TO YOUR CLEANING WATER
Sweet scents and good vibes go a long way toward making your home feel connected to the Great Power. Just boil a couple of cups of water and throw in a handful of herbs, steep for several minutes, and strain the tea into your cleaning bucket.

Here is a list of some traditional herb correspondences; choose one or more according to your desire. We don’t usually think of sea salt and basil and apples as magical, but our more earth-centered ancestors knew they were. It is a wonderful affirmation of the magic in the ordinary to use kitchen-cupboard ingredients in magical ways.

APPLES
Food of the Goddess, love. Add a few pieces of fresh or dried apple to your water (but not too much or you’ll end up with sticky surfaces!)

BASIL
Love, fidelity, wealth, protection. A nice all-purpose herb with a luscious summery scent.

CHAMOMILE
Serenity and calm; purification. Smells like a blend of apples and new-mown hay. While you’re at it, make yourself a cup of tea to drink after you’ve finished cleaning; it’s very relaxing.

CINNAMON
Happy home, safety, healing, protection. The primal home-and-hearth spice. Use pieces of cinnamon stick for your brew (the powdered kind will turn into a gelatinous glop in the bucket).

CLOVE
Purification; promotes love and spirituality. Try it with cinnamon–delicious!

EUCALYPTUS
Health, protection. Warm and fresh, actually kills germs.

EVERGREEN
Health, purification, vitality. A few sprigs of pine, cedar, or juniper growing nearby, a few sprigs placed in boiling water will add green freshness to your housecleaning brew.

LAVENDER
Love, friendship, peace, happiness, protection. Such a sweet, relaxing, and calm-inducing scent–and it’s also an antidepressant.

LEMON PEEL
Purification. It’s no accident that so many cleaning products are lemon-scented; lemon smells fresh and uplifting and cleanses negativity.

MAJORAM
Love, protection, antidepressant. You can sprinkle a little of this dried herb in the corners of every room to promote love and safety.

PEPPERMINT
Purification, healing, soothing. A wonderfully relaxing and refreshing scent.

ROSEMARY
Cleansing and protection; clears negativity; encourages clear thinking.

SAGE
Purification, wisdom. It’s no coincidence that the word for ”wise one” is the same as the herb’s name. A traditional ingredient of many Native American smudge bundles, a strong sage tea will help clear your home of negativity.

SEA SALT
Traditional for purification and protection. If you’ve been feeling vulnerable or weird and you only have time to add one ingredient to your wash-water, this could be it.

VANILLA
Love, happiness. A piece of the bean or a few drops of extract will make your home smell and feel delicious.

Source: belle-la-vie.co.uk/product-categories/aprons

and the finishing touch...

6. SMUDGE!!
See our article in the care2 channels on smudging to clear and harmonize the atmosphere. Burning bundles of dried herbs is a traditional way to do this.

* Written by Cait Johnson, [EDIT= link is to Care2 page where article does not exist anymore] Nov. 2001
* Author of Witch in the Kitchen: Magical Cooking for All Seasons

Source: etsy.com/listing/120073695/well-that-takes-care-of-the-housework

Last edited by Firebird on Wed May 06, 2020 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing broken link
raynelae

Re: Housecleaning with Magic

Post by raynelae »

I love this!!! Thank you so much! Everyone needs this :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hahaha, enjoy.
Hazel RowanOak

Post by Hazel RowanOak »

This is great! I light incense, when I need to clean but don't want to. It really gets the cleaning juices flowing. :D
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I often blast Led Zeppelin to fill the house with good energy. Thanks for posting this. smiley_dance
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Incense and music. Yes!

Serafanyelle

Post by Serafanyelle »

Beautiful ~ love the idea of a cleaning crown!!! :D

Thank you for sharing ~ brightest blessings.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Holdasown wrote:I often blast Led Zeppelin to fill the house with good energy.
I'm right there with you Holda!!!
my favorite Zep blues song of all time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RfOaAj7E5g
you really have to turn it up!
Clean the House!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Thank you! I've been in a major depressive funk lately so my motivation has pretty much got up & left lol. I'm gonna try some of these. :flyingwitch:
m_apollo8239

Post by m_apollo8239 »

Yes! I love this! I like using pine, chamomile, and sea salt added to my floor wash. That combo smells so yummy! Housework and cleaning are rituals unto themselves which is why this post is so great

Love and light

:flyingwitch:
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Oooo a cleaning crown! That's what I need! :fairy: I would probably need to clean while wearing shoes to get a different perspective because I'm almost always barefoot. :tongue:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Echo_of_shadows wrote:Oooo a cleaning crown! That's what I need! :fairy: I would probably need to clean while wearing shoes to get a different perspective because I'm almost always barefoot. :tongue:
I don't need a cleaning crown, I just need a cleaning lady. :lol:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Pinkpower_80 wrote:I don't need a cleaning crown, I just need a cleaning lady. :lol:
hehehe.

Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Thank you for this list!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Welcome. :wink:

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”