Housecleaning with Magic

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Nerys

Re: Housecleaning with Magic

Post by Nerys »

For windows, mirrors indoors I make infused white vinegar with lots of lemon peel and rosemary. Leave 10 days sunny window, filter and use diluted with warm water.
Floorwash with warm water infused with lemon peels.Floorwash used water thrown outside front door on tiled area.
Cotton ball with few drops eucalyptus e.o. put into the new vacuum bag.
Dust with cloth slightly moist with one of my herbal waters. Today used orange/clove.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I like the cotton ball in the vaccum cleaner bag! What a great idea, and I bet a few drops of lemon oil would do a similar freshening action :fairy:

Thanks!
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

To freshen bedlinens in-between changing to clean/fresh bedding use the house spray to refresh it or a lavender mist to freshen and help with sleep.
Blankets, plaids etc. can also be misted.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Pinkpower_80 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:36 am
Echo_of_shadows wrote:Oooo a cleaning crown! That's what I need! :fairy: I would probably need to clean while wearing shoes to get a different perspective because I'm almost always barefoot. :tongue:
I don't need a cleaning crown, I just need a cleaning lady. :lol:
YEA...I'll put the crown on the cleaning person!!!

probably time to break the "women's work" idea.......... :evilwitch: :shock: . halfsm
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Today made a floorwash for Yule. On stovetop in water simmer orange and lemon peels, clove and cinnamon. Then strain and dilute in more water add a drop of pine essential oil and use as a floorwash. Some I use to freshen up windows and mirrors. Used water goes outdoors by entrances.
Ikido

Post by Ikido »

Nerys wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:40 pm To freshen bedlinens in-between changing to clean/fresh bedding use the house spray to refresh it or a lavender mist to freshen and help with sleep.
Blankets, plaids etc. can also be misted.
Great idea! I love lavender smell it always helps me sleep better. Will try to spray it between bedlinens in the closet of my property in Spain https://tranio.com/spain/ or even buy a special closet refreshing pads so it can make a nice smell for all the things that are laying there. Thank you for the tip!
SilverMoon22

Post by SilverMoon22 »

I really love this! We should try to keep this one alive.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

New Years Eve floorwash/floormop 1/2 pail warm water any blessing herbs infused vinegar you have in your supplies and pinch of cinnamon powder. This was used on laminate and vinyl floor only. First clean normal way like vacuum or swiffer or broom sweep, then a soapy mop nothing too chemical myself used a green tea hand wash liquid soap in warm water. Floors were reasonable from previous cleaning with all purpose household cleaner eucalyptus.
A blessing for house over the watermixture, then floormop keep thoughts on the house blessing if not too cold open a window for a bit, have at least one candle burning white or a brown for house correspondence. After maybe some incense but my infusion was strong scented enough not too need extra incense.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Today some housekeeping spring cleaning and sorting out the candles ..... most are now in a decoupaged shoebox. And had this ASMR video Witchcraft Shop Ambience for inspiration whilst doing these small chores which was pleasant listening to it seeing it.....
islandhippiewitch

Post by islandhippiewitch »

I’m doing some housework now while listening to reggae in the background and chanting some witchy chants I found on Pinterest. I also light a candle and ask the Goddess to lend me a hand since I don’t like housework much.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”