Lists of Kitchen Remedies and Simple Charms

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
_Cheshire_

Post by _Cheshire_ »

Oh I'm still working on it Moonstone, My lovely ex Husband cut the electricity off on me! Just got it reconnected last night, so I'll keep you updated on anything that might help your daughter. Could you PM me about the bladder infections? I'll probably be able to help you right off the bat.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Sure, I'll send you a PM, Cheshire... and I didn't mean "thank you for the info" about my inquiry, I meant all this awesome stuff that you've posted for us. (I didn't want you to think that I was being rude). :28:

~BB~
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

how useful! Thanks for all that.
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.

Post by Guest »

scifichick wrote:
MoonStone wrote:have you run across anything about bloody-nose prevention
My son gets bloody nose from time to time, even in the summer. I bought a humidifier for his room, and he doesn't get bloody nose at night anymore. For a daytime, I put a little bit of Vaseline in his nostrils. It seems to help as well. He's been OK for few months now.

does your son eat pickles. eating alotof pickles can cause nose bleeds.
if he is stop him from eating them
Arianna

Post by Arianna »

MoonStone wrote:Thank you, ScifiChick. :28: I have tried the vasoline before, it unfortunately only works for about 2 hours. I'll have to look into the humidifier though- that's a good idea. It's for my daughter too- she is just so prone to the darn things, and they last a long time too. I feel so bad for her- especially when they'd come in the middle of the night... she'd be a total mess, have to change her sheets, and she's crying....... just melts a mom's heart. :cry:
(I'm sure you know just what I mean).

I recall some ritual/spell that involved dripping a drop of blood on fresh earth and saying something, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it. I'll keep looking.

~BB~

I know what you mean. I've been getting bloody noses like no other lately. It's really annoying. I had to go to the ER about this time two years ago since I had so many in one day. They wanted to cauterize the vein in my nose.... I was like HELL NO THANKYOUVERYMUCH!!!

They ended up sticking this thing up my nose my friends so lovingly called a "nose tampon"

ahh...the good old days of being a freshman in college.

I had read the spell too... something about dropping three drops of blood on the earth and asking the faerie spirits to help you stop the bleeding. I'm not totally sure though....
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

0.0 wow thats alot of stuff
[Bastet]

Post by [Bastet] »

Hello
I just wanted to ask, do those simple charms really work? I come from a line of family members who see and sense spirits good and bad (mostly bad), and it erks me so much that half the time Im drained just trying to keep them at bay, I do need something stronger and simple.

Thank you.
YouRupturedMySilence

Post by YouRupturedMySilence »

MoonStone wrote:Thank you, ScifiChick. :28: I have tried the vasoline before, it unfortunately only works for about 2 hours. I'll have to look into the humidifier though- that's a good idea. It's for my daughter too- she is just so prone to the darn things, and they last a long time too. I feel so bad for her- especially when they'd come in the middle of the night... she'd be a total mess, have to change her sheets, and she's crying....... just melts a mom's heart. :cry:
(I'm sure you know just what I mean).

I recall some ritual/spell that involved dripping a drop of blood on fresh earth and saying something, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it. I'll keep looking.

~BB~
You should bring her to the doctor and see if she has low iron in her blood. If so, she might have Anemia or Thalassemia, which aren't life-altering diseases but still need to be aware of. If she does have one or the other, she could take an iron supplement and that would stop the blood from flowing for so long.
I actually have Thalassemia, and I have bloody noses so often that back when I was in high school I would see the school nurse at least once a week, so if it ends up being that, let me know and i will go into details for you. It's most likely not, but still an iron supplement would probably be beneficial. Otherwise all that I have to reccomend is that she definitely not tilt her head back when she is bleeding, and pinch the bridge of her nose to help it clot sooner.
cloud

Post by cloud »

i use to get bloody nose and i used a humidifier but i have a lot of cats and they hair clog it and for like five weeks before it busted it was blowing cat hair out all over the place i suggest that you watch where you put it if you have animals and it also is like an air conditioner dont put it to close to you or you'll get sick

just some word of wisdom for people that dont use or know what a humidifier is and great job guy keep up the good work :)
yeah yeah yeah im a kid but arnt we all
imaginari

Post by imaginari »

I'm printing this list off too. I use vingear for everything but I had no idea about the power of baking soda. haha
Chatters

Post by Chatters »

Great lists

I use soda powder for everything. Cleans my whole bathroom, oven, window ledges, love it. Usually use it with a bit of lemon juice too.

I also use a little bit of tea tree in warm water for mould, I get it on my ceiling in the bathroom and the corners of my window. Gets rid of it for a long time before it needs to be reapplied.

Vinegar is great for glass - I use it on my windows. I also heard it is great with newspaper
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Don't forget to us newspaper to clean glass, as it won't streak. Also instead wood furniture polish, just use a fresh cracked open walnut. All that oil in them is great for the wood. The outer skin of a walnut is also a great natural furniture stain. I know a lot of people have them every where right now, so a couple uses for them outside of cooking^_^
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Asch

Re: Lists of Kitchen Remedies and Simple Charms

Post by Asch »

Regarding nosebleeds, I've been a chronic nosebleeder for years. I've read about a few people getting chiropractic adjustments that have helped but what really saves my butt in spring and summer are vitamin K supplements. Evidently vitamin K is a clotting agent, you can get it in kale, seaweed, spinach and most other dark green vegetables, the supplements can be expensive. There are two types plant based and animal based, both seem to work, I usually go for the cheaper of the two. Aside from vitamin K, humidity and Vaseline/bag balm help but they tend to be temporary in my case, especially the humidity thing, I live in freaking western Washington and it's still too dry for me in the summer :P
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
abby_cadabby

Post by abby_cadabby »

For bladder infections drink a lot of cranberry juice (NOT coctail!!) and it will increase urinary health, ease discomfort and make it easier to go pee!
13Lotuses

Post by 13Lotuses »

Probably a little late and somewhat unimportant, but DO NOT use newspaper on glass. Not with liquid. It will bleed ink all over.
Growing from mud, although challenging, offers great promise.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”