Lists of Kitchen Remedies and Simple Charms

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Ember Nightwolf

Re: Lists of Kitchen Remedies and Simple Charms

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Cow parsely can be good to staunch bleeding - although be careful as you dont want to drip the blood back into the throat! :o
:)
There are three sides to a coin.
EmberFaith

Post by EmberFaith »

you guys have no idea how long it took me to write all of that in my book of shadows :p thanks so much :D
abdul

Post by abdul »

This information is great and I had no idea on it so well done even though it seems to be have posted many years ago now but I have found it useful that is why I posted this.
valerian moon

Re:

Post by valerian moon »

Wolf wrote:
For an insect sting, a small mixture of vinegar and tabbacco from a cigarette will ease itching and swelling
finally. a REAL reason to buy cigarettes :)

i'm from florida and that will come in handy... every day. sitting outside when my grandmother is smoking attracts mosquitos.
oh also, a remedy for mosquito bites: hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol. it stops the itching immediately. or do what all the tomboys here do, and just don't scratch, compare your bites with all your friends, and see who can tough it out the longest :mrgreen:
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

This is a wonderful list! Full of handy tips and interesting ideas. ^_- Good job.
seidkonacat

Re: Re:

Post by seidkonacat »

xxmoonxraverxx wrote:
Wolf wrote:
For an insect sting, a small mixture of vinegar and tabbacco from a cigarette will ease itching and swelling
finally. a REAL reason to buy cigarettes :)

i'm from florida and that will come in handy... every day. sitting outside when my grandmother is smoking attracts mosquitos.
oh also, a remedy for mosquito bites: hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol. it stops the itching immediately. or do what all the tomboys here do, and just don't scratch, compare your bites with all your friends, and see who can tough it out the longest :mrgreen:
Try just buying loose tobacco. You can keep it in storage, and then you don't have to worry about the tar and chemicals in commercial cigarettes. :3
Fae

Post by Fae »

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to add a few additional uses.

Baking soda and vinegar:

- clean urine and neutralize odor on most beds/upholstery (check for compatibility with specific fabrics) - soak up urine with slightly damp cloth to absorb excess liquid. Air dry for about twenty minutes, then generously sprinkle baking powder over the stain. Once it's dry vacuum it up. Spritz with a spray bottle of half vinegar and water (you can add essential oil or a tiny bit of dish soap to make it smell better) to absorb and neutralize the smell.

- clean wood/wood grain surfaces like older cabinets or furniture, safe for paint (but I'd advise testing in an inconspicuous place just to be sure) - for regular cleaning, a solution of half vinegar and water with added essential oil or dish soap works well, along with a soft cloth or sponge. For tougher stains, thicker baking soda paste made with water works miracles.

Vinegar:

- clean your washing machine by running a cycle through with just hot water and a cup of vinegar.

- pour vinegar alongside laundry detergent directly into the washer for darker colored clothes that are heavily stained. Can be pre-treated. Works well for oil/grease related stains

- mix with equal parts water in a spray bottle. You can add essential oils or small amounts of soap for fragrance. Works well as a room/air freshener, especially to remove smoke/pet smells.
ForumChats

Salt lamps for cleansing aura

Post by ForumChats »

Has anybody here tried using a Himalayan salt lamp for purifying their aura? It has been acclaimed by scientists and pagan world experts both.Did you know that the towering icy peaks of the Himalayas actually contain traces of the original, primal seas dating back to 100-200 million years?

Claimed by many as the “purest salt” available to humankind, the Himalayan sea salt could be the dried up remnant of these seas that existed during earth’s creation.

The Himalayan sea salt has a characteristic pink hue which is believed to be lent by a common pink microorganism that inhabited the seas millions of years ago.

Intrigued...arent you?

For more details on how you can use this soothing pink glow to enrich your soul - read this -https://factdr.com/healthy-living/himalayan-salt-lamps/
mistycr

Post by mistycr »

Fae wrote:I know this is an old post, but I wanted to add a few additional uses.

Baking soda and vinegar:

- clean urine and neutralize odor on most beds/upholstery (check for compatibility with specific fabrics) - soak up urine with slightly damp cloth to absorb excess liquid. Air dry for about twenty minutes, then generously sprinkle baking soda (not baking powder) over the stain. Once it's dry vacuum it up. Spritz with a spray bottle of half vinegar and water (you can add essential oil or a tiny bit of dish soap to make it smell better) to absorb and neutralize the smell.

- clean wood/wood grain surfaces like older cabinets or furniture, safe for paint (but I'd advise testing in an inconspicuous place just to be sure) - for regular cleaning, a solution of half vinegar and water with added essential oil or dish soap works well, along with a soft cloth or sponge. For tougher stains, thicker baking soda paste made with water works miracles.

Vinegar:

- clean your washing machine by running a cycle through with just hot water and a cup of vinegar.

- mix with equal parts water in a spray bottle. You can add essential oils or small amounts of soap for fragrance. Works well as a room/air freshener, especially to remove smoke/pet smells.
I know this is an old post, but I do this too! Although I add a squeeze of lemon or some lavender flowers from our shrub instead of essential oils.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”