Witch's Bottle

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
_Cheshire_

Witch's Bottle

Post by _Cheshire_ »

How to Make a Witch’s Bottle

Gather Rosemary, needles and pins. Fill a small jar with these three ingredients saying the following as you work:

"Pins, needles, rosemary and wine.
In this Witch's Bottle of mine;
Guard against harm and enmity;
This is my will, So mote it be!"

Visualize these herbs doing just that. When the jar is full, pour in red wine. Then cap or cork the jar and drip wax from a black or red candle around the seal.

Bury the jar at the farthest corner of your property or place it in an inconspicuous spot in the house.

The Witch's bottle destroys negativity and evil; The pins and needles impale evil, the wine drowns it and the rosemary sends it far from your property.
_Cheshire_

Post by _Cheshire_ »

Protection Bottle for the Home

Take a jar, fill it half full with sharp objects. Glass, nails, pins, pieces of sharp metal etc.

Add to this a mixture of herbs such as basil, bay leaf and sage. I add a clove and a piece of orange peel also but these are optional.

As you fill the bottle, visualise yourself protected and say the following words (repeat the words until the bottle is filled).

In this bottle sharp with rough
combined with herbs will be enough
to keep from evil and all harm
to wrap me round in peace and calm
willing in truth the harming of none
As I will it so let it be done.

Seal the bottle, mark a pentacle on the lid and tie a blue ribbon round securely. The bottle should then be buried in a quiet part of the garden at least 12 inches below ground level. If you don't have a garden then under the floor or in a cellar but somewhere it won't be disturbed. you can make one of these for your car too. When you visualise the protection make sure you are thinking of the car! I have even performed this in the car itself but if you have a small car then it's not really practical. Stow the jar in the car somewhere it won't be disturbed.

WICCAN PROTECTION BALL

Witch balls have been around for centuries, but is nearly impossible (and very
costly) to buy one. These silvery balls were once common fixtures in windows,
particularly in England, where they were said to repel evil thoughts and curses. Most Pagans don't feel they can spend several hundred dollars to purchase such a ball, even if they could find one, but there is no reason you can't make one.

You will need a clear glass ball or Yule ornament with an opening in one end. If the glass ball has some kind of design, choose one you like or one you can
change with further decoration. You will also need a bottle of silver paint
found in hobby stores, a few drops of frankincense or patchouli oil, a spool of red thread, and a pair of scissors.

Cover your working space with newspaper to protect against spills. Take the metal cap off the ornament. Carefully pour a little of the silver paint inside the ball and swish it around until the inside is completely covered with the silver. Set it aside to dry.

When the paint is totally dry, cut the red thread into three inch-lengths.
Carefully poke this thread into the open end of the ball. Continue cutting and
putting the thread into the ball until the ball is nearly full. Put in a few
drops of oil. Then put the end back on the ornament. If it has no end, seal it
with candle wax.

When you hang the protection ball, chant:

Symbol of the Moon, symbol of the Lady divine,
Reject all negativity, defend this home (car), me and mine.

This protection ball can be hung in the window of your home or in your car. Any negative thoughts or ill-wishes directed against you are reflected back to the sender. You can also decorate the outside with appropriate designs. You can put them onto wreaths or make them part of a dried flower arrangement. Programmed for protection, these little Witch balls do a very good job.
CinnamonStar

Just made my own...

Post by CinnamonStar »

this is the perfect time of year to make your own... as the craft stores have put their holiday decors out. I bought clear glass balls and have been experimenting with the clear, silver, and now want to add a touch of color. They are really kindof neat and a bit more special for friends as you have made them yourself.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Thank you for the tips. I think I could start right away on the first one, and I feel the need for it now more than ever. Only I have no wine. My family does not drink anything with alcohol. Would regular grape juice or any fruit juice count?
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Fruit juice is fine. In fact, if the ancients had been able to store fruit juices they probably would have used that instead of wine, but wine is easier to store in a world with out air conditioning.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Here, it's your urine not juice or wine that is used. No iron nails either, we put iron nails in too
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

*DOH* I feel so stupid.

I probably shouldn't have glazed over that witches bottle recipie. I read the witches globe recipe. I've actually never seen a witch's bottle that called for *wine* before. What were they thinking???

The authentic ones I've heard of *do* call for urine or vinegar. Vinegar (or heck ammonia!) would be good equivalents if you are squeemish. Also, you don't want to use *nice* herbs for this bottle. Nettles are about as kind as you want to get. The other recipes that I'm familiar with require things like broken glass, bent rusty nails, pins and all manner of shrapnel. I like using teasel, nettles and caltrops as well, and some people use thorns off of cactus.
I've heard that cleaning out all the spare sharp metal bits from your junk drawer or garage is about perfect for this spell.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

All the witches bottle recipes I've heard of call for urine, nails and all sorts of sharp and nasty things. This seems like a 'light' version.
Mannun

Post by Mannun »

Not long ago there was a story on the news of a Witch's Bottle that was found beneath an old barn in England that dated back to the early 1800's. They said it had to do with Witch's Hexing other people of course, but oh well, it was awesome to see the confirmation of things still being done today that our ancestors did over 100 years ago crafgtwise.
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

All the Witch's Bottles I've seen are half full of sand containing broken glass, pins, needles...but needles can't have the loop hole you put thread into left on them, because I've been told by other Wiccans these allow negative spells to escape or pass through the hole. Your bedroom is another good place to hide protection magic.

Use 13 pieces of broken glass, especially old colored antique ones you find, 13 pins, 13 needles with the loop hole broken off or small iron nails. I would think tacks would be appropriate too.

Burn a yellow candle and visualize a sphere of light surrounding you and your home...see the light protecting, repelling all negative forces. Place the bottle somewhere in your bedroom or as decoration on a bookshelf.
Cherokeewind

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”