a little help

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Lucy720

a little help

Post by Lucy720 »

ok so i got this resipe of on the post on here and wonted to know if it is safe to use the ink on skin
½ cup of ripe berries (blueberries, cherries, blackberries, strawberries, elderberries, raspberries, etc. it best to pick fresh)
½ teaspoon vinegar
½ teaspoon salt

Tools:

measuring cups and spoon
strainer
bowl
wooden spoon
baby food jar

Directions:

1. Fill the strainer with the berries and hold it over a bowl.

2. Using the rounded back of a wooden spoon, crush the berries against the strainer so that the berry juice strains into the bowl.

3. Keep adding berries until most of their juice has been strained out and only pulp remains.

4. Add the salt and vinegar to the berry juice. The vinegar helps the ink to retain its color and the salt keeps it from getting moldy.

5. If the berry ink is too thick, a tablespoon of water.

6. Store in baby food jar.

7. Only make a small amount of berry ink at a time and when not in use, keep it tightly covered.
Thanks for reading
Lucy :lol:
:type:
Serenity Willow

Re: a little help

Post by Serenity Willow »

Hi Lucy, I don't know for sure, but I would use it on my skin. I would absolutely NOT use it as any form of dye to inject into my skin as in a tattoo. You may even try to ask a herbalist, pharmacist or naturopathic doctor. Blessings <3
Bright Blessings Just for Today <3
Ash Night

Post by Ash Night »

I don't see why not. I mean all it is, is berry juice, vinegar, and salt which is all used in cooking. I wouldn't use it (as Serenity said) as tattoo ink.
Blessed be!
Skye Shadowstone

Post by Skye Shadowstone »

Sounds safer than using sharpies(like me). I can't imagine how this ink, being made completely by natural ingredients, could do any sort of damage to the skin.
Lucy720

Post by Lucy720 »

thx for the help
Serenity Willow

Post by Serenity Willow »

One thing I thought of is make sure you aren't allergic to ingredients you may use and it's great what you just did.....question everything :))
Bright Blessings Just for Today <3
Lucy720

Post by Lucy720 »

Ok thx for the tip

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”