Making Oils, Creams, Salves etc with Vegetable Glycerin?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Belladonna

Making Oils, Creams, Salves etc with Vegetable Glycerin?

Post by Belladonna »

So I bought a bottle of vegetable glycerin and don't know what to do with it. I would really like to fill up these two little jars I have with two mixtures, probably some combination of oil, salve, or brew. I read the properties of some of the herbs I have in larger quantities (blessed thistle, witch hazel, yarrow, rosemary, lavender, damiana, sage, cedar leaves) but I don't exactly want to go experimenting blindly. I'm basically looking for good anointing oil recipes, maybe a topical bruise salve, a fever/headache relieving brew, I don't know, basically healing and aromatherapy recipes that keep and include vegetable glycerin in the list of ingredients.

Also, less important, but I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be safe to make a morning glory tincture with vegetable glycerin. I've read in several spellbooks not to drink tinctures, but they usually don't use glycerin, and I've read that glycerin makes unpalatable herbs easier to use internally. So know that when I say I'm interested in making something for internal use that
Serenity Willow

Re: Making Oils, Creams, Salves etc with Vegetable Glycerin?

Post by Serenity Willow »

I know that tinctures are safe to drink and vegetable glycerin as well, but I don't know anything about morning glory?
Bright Blessings Just for Today <3
Evanthe

Post by Evanthe »

I use st johns wort flowers in oil for bruising. You grab the buds and pinch them before you drop them in the oil. The oil turns red. I make it in sweet almond oil. Vegetable glycerine is really thick so I don't know how it will work.
Evanthe
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
-C.S Lewis
Belladonna

Post by Belladonna »

Yeah I think the main purpose of the glycerin is that it's sweet and makes unpalatable herbs easier to ingest... I bought it a while ago, not too far into my year and a day and I was overwhelmed by this herb stand at an annual only psychic fair so I pretty much bought one of everything..

Morning glory is a psychotropic plant. You can take the seeds, germinate them and pop the husks off, grind them up and eat them. I've never used it in ritual or even in my Wiccan life but I've taken them recreationally and its kinda like weak, not scary LSD, lots of associative mental processes and color rings around objects. The active compound is actually LSA. It seems like the safest plant to use in a modern flying ointment.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”