Cinnamon Clay

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Zili

Cinnamon Clay

Post by Zili »

Found this floating around some where online and I had posted it at another forum (a forum for pagan pixel artists)

Cinnamon Clay
1 1/2 cups ground cinnamon
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup white school glue (like Elmer's)
1 medium sized bowl
Flat surface for kneading
Wax paper
Rolling pin,
Cookie cutters - various types
Knife
Straw
Non-stick cooling rack
Ribbon

Mix cinnamon, applesauce, and glue together in a bowl, remove from the bowl and knead the mixture until it turns into a firm clay. Let it sit for about 30 minutes as clay is best used at room temp. You may need to dust your rolling pin, hands or working surface with cinnamon, or use wax paper as a working surface. Roll out clay with a rolling pin to approx. 1/8 of an inch thick and use cutters to cut out desired shapes. If you are going to hang them, use a straw to cut out a hole near the top of the shape. Place shapes on a non stick cooling rack - or wax paper but you'll need to keep an eye on them and turn them over occasionally so that they dry evenly and dry flat. Dry the shapes for approx. 5 days. When dry you may put a ribbon through the hole for hanging, add to packages or anything else you cam think of. Optional - you may add puffy paint to decorate your shapes or decorate with dried flowers.
aillilek

Re: Cinnamon Clay

Post by aillilek »

Great for the 'making your own Runes' post ...
Zili

Post by Zili »

I never thought about that, but its a good idea. I think that reading runes hasn't worked for me before, because i don't have my own set of runes nor can I afford a set unless they were made with polymerclay and at that they are still on the expensive side...but this is a cheaper alternative and it would make them more personal, and they come from mostly nature this way. Thanks for the idea!
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

I used this recipe at Yule to make tree decorations. I found my mixture a bit wet and sloppy so added a little plain flour to dry it slightly. It worked a treat and they smell wonderful :)
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Zili

Post by Zili »

i may cut back on the liquid ingrediants then, I can't even touch flour, gluten can be absorbed through the skin :(

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”