I saw that you wanted a post on how to make a wand, WhiteOne, so here it is:
The wand is a rather easy tool to make. It seems quite difficult, but it isn't when you take your time. Here are my suggestion on gathering and creating a great wand that resonates with you:
1. Find a wood that speaks to you. It could be of any wood that you wish. Here are some correspondences to different types of wood:
Almond Prosperity, wisdom
Apple Love, healing
Ash Protection, healing, prosperity
Aspen Protection from thieves
Avocado Love, lust, beauty
Banyan Luck, knowledge
Beech Creativity, tolerance
Birch Rebirth, purification, protection, Moon matters
Bodhi Meditation, wisdom, fertility, protection
Buckthorn Exorcism, protection, legal matters
Cedar Male Fire Sun Healing, purification, protection, prosperity
Cherry Love, divination, healing
Cypress Immortality/longevity, protection, strength, death
Dogwood Protection, wishes
Elder Protection, health, spirituality, banishment
Elm Protection, love
Fig Fertility, balance, safe journey
Hawthorn Protection, purification, fertility
Hazel Wisdom, Thor, protection, luck, divination
Hickory Legal matters
Holly Protection, luck, dream magick, consecration, prosperity
Licorice Love, fidelity
Lilac Protection, exorcism, love
Linden Protection, luck, immortality, love
Maple Love, prosperity, longevity, unification, divining rods
Mesquite Healing, magickal fires
Mimosa Protection, dreams, love, purification
Mulberry Protection, strength
Myrtle Fertility, youth, love, peace, prosperity
Oak Protection, health, luck, power, strength
Peach Longevity, protection, fertility, divination, happiness
Pear Lust, love
Pepper Tree Purification, healing, protection
Pine Protection, longevity, healing, fidelity, purification
Plum Protection, the wild
Pomegranate Wealth, money-attraction
Poplar The Crone, astral projection, divination, rebirth
Rowan Protection, healing, divination
Sage healing purification protection money
Sandalwood Protection, healing, exorcism, spirituality
Sassafras Health, prosperity
Walnut Healing, mental powers, protection
Willow Moon magick, protection, healing, divination, love
Witch Hazel Protection, divination
Yew Hecate, death, immortality, protection
2. You can choose to use a live branch, or fallen wood. Whatever you choose. I find that live branches, when given freely from the tree, have more energy. Use what you wish. If you choose to use a live branch, always ask prior, cut using humane methods, and gift the tree afterward. And obviously, you have to let the wood dry if you get it fresh. I let mine dry for a week before using.
3. Have a crystal at hand to affix to the top of the branch. This helps direct energy. I find that quartz points usually work the best. But you can use whatever type of crystal you wish, or no crystal at all.
4. Carve the wood, if you wish. You can leave the wood natural, with the bark, or you can peel or carve the bark off. I personally leave bark for handle grip. You can carve designs into the wood now, and carve a hole in the top of the wood (and the bottom, if you are placing a round crystal in the bottom)
5. You may paint on the wood now, runes or whatever symbol you like. I always paint the rune thurisaz on mine, for protection.
6. Oil the wood. Oiling the wood leaves a nice sheen, and fills it with intent depending on your choice oil. I use olive oil.
7. Affix the crystal. You can use natural glue or synthetic glue.
8. If you are using lacquer, you may lacquer the wood now. Let dry for an hour.
9. Now you may decorate the wand with leather, feathers, wire (I like copper, personally), whatever you wish to add.
10. Now you have your wand! Fill it with intent and dedicate it, if you wish.
I don't have a camera to take pictures, but my iPod has a video camera, so I'll record what my wands look like. Feel free to add pictures of yours! I would love to see them and it will help others with ideas for theirs!! Good luck and happy wand-making!