Good Mabon Crafts??

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Winchester.Witch

Good Mabon Crafts??

Post by Winchester.Witch »

I love to make stuff for the sabbats, but I can't find very many good craft ideas for Mabon. It seems most fall related crafts are for little kids. >:| Anybody have any ideas?
MagickalMist

Re: Good Mabon Crafts??

Post by MagickalMist »

I too love celebrating Mabon and have found very little as far as crafts. One thing I did once and enjoyed was a cranberry cone or ball. It's pretty simple, get cranberries, tooth picks and styrafoam in whatever shape you want. Then simply fill them up with the cranberries. It is a great time waisting craft. Mine took about two hours, stayed great looking for a long time and was a nice colour to add to the season. You could probably also cover with a clear spray paint coat to make it stay. xx
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I'm very excited about Mabon! It's my first Sabbat since I started practicing Wicca. I've not done much for it yet. I do have my altar in somewhat of a Mabon theme. I'll get a good pic of it tomorrow.
I got some really pretty ribbon too with owls & autumn leaves on it but I haven't figured out what to do with it yet. :lol:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I like making a man effigy, out of reeds...then we burn him (like a mini burning man) also I like to walk a balance beam for the holiday, so painting that and decorating it is fun. Baking anything is good. Also making corn dollies is still in order...all the way through Samhain.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

MagickalMist

Post by MagickalMist »

Those are all great! I am soooooo excited to autumn equinox. I wish there was an event where I live. Even meeting up with other witches for a picnic would be wonderful.

xx
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

An autumn picnic sounds wonderful, especially to have one out in the woods among freshly fallen colorful leaves. :D
MagickalMist

Post by MagickalMist »

Does anyone live in georgia :D?
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

MagickalMist wrote:Does anyone live in georgia :D?
I'm in North Carolina but I feel ya on wanting to meet up with other witches. Maybe one of these days we can have a big meet & greet!
MagickalMist

Post by MagickalMist »

That would be so great! There is pagan pride in Atlanta in October, but it would be really amazing if we could get all of us together for a festival or something.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Any good ideas for Mabon recipes? I'm dying to try out some new recipes for the fall ; )
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

My oven has been broke since the end of last winter, only have a range top. Would really like to be able to bake a pie or roast a turkey...
Xiao...one of my favorite fall dishes is acorn squash filled with persimmons, raisins, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter... you bake it till the squash is done, it's almost like pie...YUM!
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Mmm, Firebird, that does sound good ... Now I'm getting hungry!

By the way, have you considered making a cardboard box oven? Not a great substitute for an oven, but at least it's cheap and easy ... you probably can't cook a whole turkey in there, but you might be able to do a pie!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Xiao that is so cool!!!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”