protection ointment

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Buttercup

protection ointment

Post by Buttercup »

I created this for protection against all negativity and to ease the communication between me and a friend of mine (he will get some of this ointment too). I don't know if it works since I created it myself and I just made it so I haven't had the time to see results,but it sure smells delicious so I thought I'd share it in case anyone else wants to try it too. So here it goes:

half a cup beeswax
4 tbs sesame oil
6 tbs olive oil
3 tbs St John's oil
some aloe vera oil
2 tbs dried mallow
1 tbs dried rosemary
1 teaspoon basil
12 drops of myrrh essential oil
18 drops of jasmine essential oil
12 drops of sandalwood essential oil

You let the herbs into the oils and beeswax for about 15 mins,then you filter them out and add the essential oils to the hot ointment stirring in a clockwise motion.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

It sounds like a lovely recipe. I believe besides being a good protection ointment, it should also have healing and calming qualities. Since it is an ointment, is it applied to the skin? Everything in it is safe for topical application, with the exception of for pregnant women (the essential oils in it can trigger early labor).
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Yeah,I forgot to say that it is applied to the skin :D .I believe that it is safe in general (with the exception of pregnant women) because I haven't read anything about the ingredients being to toxic or irritative to the skin. About healing properties, I suppose it is good for the skin since it contains many nourishing and antiseptic ingredients.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”