Supplies

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Supplies

Post by Ginger Faith! »

I need help getting some of the supplies, it isnt the money thats the issue, its the fact that i cant really go anywhere to find some cool tools and stuff.
The candles are easy because they are in wal mart<gotta> and the spices are in alomst every grocery store(: <thank>.
I just need help with my altar, i havent seem to have any space that is sacred, but i also dont know how to make my altar look. Can it just be on the floor, or on a special table? I also need help with what i should put ON the altar...? Hmm, my questionss:/
Can anyonee help a sister out?
<and just so you knoww, i'm not black>
hehehehe,
just to clear up some confusionn(:
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Your altar doesn't have to be an unchanging space. It could just mean that when you do rituals, you clear off a table and put a cloth down. Personally, I travel a lot. Most of my altar can be packed into a briefcase that I use, and brought from place to place so I can set up anywhere.

Tools can be found in the oddest places. Personally, I recommend yard sales and such. You don't have to buy the expensive things from the occult stores, cheap alternatives work just as well. Candles, mirrors, little statues, crystals, herbs, lots of things can go on your altar, and really just do what feels right. No two people's altars will be the same, and that's alright. We have a thread here with pictures of different altars: http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... hp?t=12457
Maybe that will help you start off. :)
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Lets see sister :)
Perhaps a special cloth could be of some help, like the one i made for my runes http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... hp?t=11518
You just buy a small piece of cloth cut it the shape you want and draw on it if you are artsy.
Another solution would be a blanket you can lay down for your magic. i love those fleece ones they are soft , light to the weight, and come in many different colors. :)
Oh but your should always be carefull with candles.. dont burn down the house.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Thanks NightRose and Witch13, that really helped(:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Supplies

Post by SpiritTalker »

You can set up on a cloth on the floor but it's a little awkward so use a flipped over box or foot stool for some height. I've been using a tray to set everything on so it can just be picked up & moved; & recycled a box to keep candles & snuffer, salt, incense & oils in because I have nosey-parker cats. I made my wand (fallen branch) & pentacle (painted rock) & used a Pyrex bowl until I found a cauldron in camping goods which also carry assorted knives. The pharmacy, grocery & variety stores have oils, herbs & candles.

An altar would use your gear as symbols of the 2 deities & 4 elements. There's no rule that says we have to copy the ceremonial magicians style so nature-finds and repurposed household items can be used & decorate however we like.
🚺🕯 . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . 🚹🕯 .🧂. . . . . . . 🪔 . 🍷. . . . . ⭐️. . . . . . 🗡 .

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”