SUPER CHEAP WAY TO MAKE CANDLES!

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Maribelle

SUPER CHEAP WAY TO MAKE CANDLES!

Post by Maribelle »

Buy a box of crayola crayons. Yep thats it. Its already colored. I usually use old crappy broken crayons so I dont spend any money and i put a pan on the oven and the little tins tea candles come in. Chop up the crayons put it in the tins on the stove let it cool a bit add your wick and put them in the freezer, GREAT for making a bunch of small custom candles for spells since you normally never need one giant candle for a spell and refusing them isnt recommened.
izzybit

Thank You!

Post by izzybit »

That is so smart, I would of never thought about that. Thank you I’ve been wanting to learn to make candles forever and just have never gotten around to finding directions. But you’re so right I love tapers but I don’t love reusing them for multiple spells. Yet again so smart and very economical!
AmberPhoenix

Post by AmberPhoenix »

That is fantastic!! I've been trying to find cheap ways to make my own candles because I can't find any unscented ones and I've never thought of crayons!! Thank you so much for that idea!

Blessed Be!
Amber
Aleana

Post by Aleana »

.....that. Is. BRILLIANT.
cloud

Post by cloud »

omg thats awsame i have so many from when i was younger. so the wick is that just like a rope or is it some thing else?
yeah yeah yeah im a kid but arnt we all
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Old thread is old, but nonetheless it is an interesting and useful idea.

As for the wicks i believe an actual candle wick is needed as string burns a lot more energetically and less cleanly resulting in smoke and soot. I melted up some of the unused wax from spent tealights and used string and the glame was very erratic, fierce and dirty.

You can pick wicks up from ebay no doubt very cheaply or even craft shops, but they will cost a little more.
cloud

Post by cloud »

ok thanx for the info
yeah yeah yeah im a kid but arnt we all
YouRupturedMySilence

Post by YouRupturedMySilence »

Aleana wrote:.....that. Is. BRILLIANT.
i agree, hehe
Sonni-Na

Post by Sonni-Na »

I love this. So u can re-use the wax from old candle, just not the same candle its self?
Teaca

Post by Teaca »

do you think i could use waxed string that i use to make dream catchers? i looks like it would work but i don't want to use it and like make all th esmoke detectors go off lol.
merry meet, merry part, until we meet again blessed be
Maribella<3

Post by Maribella<3 »

I hadnt been on here so long I forgot my username and pass, just stumbled across this I'm so glad everyone liked this! C:
Brighid

Post by Brighid »

This was a fun post.

:D
Monica99

Hi

Post by Monica99 »

This may be a stupid question.... Sorry....... But how hot do u get the oven?
Monica99

Hi

Post by Monica99 »

Ok thanks!
mellyfish13

Re: SUPER CHEAP WAY TO MAKE CANDLES!

Post by mellyfish13 »

I used this idea in a diffrent form and the candel turned out great!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”