pendulum magic

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
stormer89

pendulum magic

Post by stormer89 »

share your successes with this kind of magic.
post any pendulum charts or general questions you use. (not just yes or no)
i would really like more information on this subject.
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I myself have never actually done any pendulum magick, but I just got a new necklace today, which is a Dragon coiled around a sword, it has a point and I may use it as a pendulum. I am very interested to see what people say about this thread.

This are my necklaces.

From left to right, My Pentacle, My new dragon necklace, which is a dragon wrapped around a sword, and to the far left my original dragon necklace given to me by a friend, it features an Asian style dragon who head is pointing east, (if you consider the top point to be north).
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

The Dragon around the sword would be my pick...I do some map dowsing, that could make a nice pendulum for maps.
Cherokeewind
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

cherokeewind wrote:The Dragon around the sword would be my pick...I do some map dowsing, that could make a nice pendulum for maps.
How to you start map dowsing? do you start it with any rituals etc.?
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Ok, what I do is cast a circle (cleanse the area) and bless the map and pendulum before I work. I also use maps that I don't use for anything else (ie. start with a new map, unless it's some old treasure map that you got from a Templar) ;-) AND I tend to store them in a special drawer where I put things that need to be protected. (I have a cabinet that I charged specifically to keep separate the energies from everything else!) So... you don't have to be as elaborate as I am... you could just keep them in a special shoebox with penticles drawn on it, with a false bottom who's secret compartment is filled with salt... (that's what I did when I lived at my mom's place)
I also store my pendulum in with a bag of cleansing herbs... I used a tiny plastic bag filled with lavender tucked into the bag with the pendulum in it.
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

kuotetsu wrote:
cherokeewind wrote:The Dragon around the sword would be my pick...I do some map dowsing, that could make a nice pendulum for maps.
How to you start map dowsing? do you start it with any rituals etc.?
The purpose of charging a pendulum, is to tune it to whatever ways you're going to use it. A new pendulum, I'll rub some oil or coco butter lotion (a substitute for oil) to help take out some old vibes. Then cast a circle, charge the pendulum...tune it by holding chain or string allowing it to swing. I'll also point with the finger of my other hand as if scanning for objects (when still holding pendulum). Consider whether it is for use at home or to take with you. I HAVE EXTRA PENDULUMS CHARGED SPECIFICALLY FOR MAP DOWSING. I first started using one with a chart inside a cast circle. But after a few times decided was easier just to charge the pendulum for use and then discovered how tuning to the purpose works. By purpose, I'm talking about mostly dowsing or simple chart type pendulum. They all work for other uses when needed, but tuning makes them more responsive to the purpose.
Cherokeewind
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

My pendulum is just a simple bloodstone on a silver chain... Nothing grand.

I usually use it immediately before or after spellwork for simple yes/no questions, though it has an odd circular motion it uses when things are unclear... or perhaps when I'm not asking my question correctly. I don't do maps or anything elaborate- Divination... Meh. I've never been a big fan of it, so getting my pendulum to work at all took a lot of work.

Also, I'm lazy. I don't see any reason to set up a circle separately for everything I want to do, so I'm likely to wait for a time when I need to do it anyways before I do anything at all.

You can imagine what my "To Do" lists can look like, sometimes.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Makbawehuh wrote:My pendulum is just a simple bloodstone on a silver chain... Nothing grand.

I usually use it immediately before or after spellwork for simple yes/no questions, though it has an odd circular motion it uses when things are unclear... or perhaps when I'm not asking my question correctly. I don't do maps or anything elaborate- Divination... Meh. I've never been a big fan of it, so getting my pendulum to work at all took a lot of work.

Also, I'm lazy. I don't see any reason to set up a circle separately for everything I want to do, so I'm likely to wait for a time when I need to do it anyways before I do anything at all.

You can imagine what my "To Do" lists can look like, sometimes.
Circular motion is quite common with the pendulum. It depends on how you are using it. Lets start with map dowsing. When you are getting close to something searched for, a circular motion means to keep going. As you move the pendulum a little more, it starts swinging to point. The size of the circular rotation may also indicate the intensity of the signal.

Now, for a yes/no answer, the pendulum may have a circular motion before answering. A clockwise or counterclockwise motion might reveal the answer (yes/no) before it actually swings. If your questions aren't very clear, maybe the pendulum is saying ask another question.
Cherokeewind
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

Interesting... I learn something new every day!

Thank you! I"ll bear that in mind next time I have a sit down with my pendulum.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Funny, I find that small tight circles mean *stronger* energy and bigger slower circles mean *weaker* energy. Anyone else feel this way?

Also, my pendulums often answer different ways (for yes and no questions) for different tools. Some like to swing, some like to rotate, some like to give my fingers tingling sensations or something. Sometimes I even get visions when working with pendulums.
Kolohe Redux
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe Redux »

When I do calendar or map it kind of hangs til I get close, starts swinging as I get closer, circles when I'm on it. I do feel like small tight circles are a definite yes, bigger looser ones seem more like getting warmer, but not as definite. When I do yes/no I do circles for yes, side to side for no.

Kolohe
violet.in.the.rain

huh?*?

Post by violet.in.the.rain »

"MAP DOWSING"? i've only heard the yes & no questioning aspect of the pendulums! what is map/calender dowsing?
[cherokeewind]

Re: huh?*?

Post by [cherokeewind] »

violet.in.the.rain wrote:"MAP DOWSING"? i've only heard the yes & no questioning aspect of the pendulums! what is map/calender dowsing?
Map dowsing is holding a pendulum over a map to locate anything you need to find. It has been used to find people, buried treasure, shipwrecks underwater, minerals, gold nuggets, precious stones, and earthquake fault lines.

I just had my first pro dowsing experience. I was going to make a post here, but tacked it on to this dream instead which seemed to be related to it. I had to find sunken ship sites for a scuba diver. A lot of what I found was from World War 2, but some of them must be old sailing ships with ballast stones which stones are always found with old wooden ships.

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... php?t=7884

The dream is first and then my experience in map dowsing.
Cherokeewind
Eartheartdragonfly

Post by Eartheartdragonfly »

I possess a Pearl Pendulum .. my magicKal instrument's intelligence grows keener time after time :wink:

Holding it over my left hand I visualize brilliant stars, luminous moons and a merriment of familiar spirits whirling between the vertices.

clockwise , for: yes.

( Stop, watch :wink: your Pendulum and repsect how s/he moves around the Sun ( circle )

counterclockwise, for: no.

UniVerse or two, three .. or, perhaps four !.. hold onto the Seat Of your Soul and ride the Cosmic waVe~

Blessings,
EHD
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

There is another kind of response...you don't hardly ever see it mentioned. A pendulum can stop and be completely motionless, you think about moving it...but you can't seem to do that for a while. This is a type of response, try asking questions about what it could be trying to tell you.

I get the motionless response during map dowsing also...all it means, here is the location of something. If the pendulum is moved back some, the large circular motion begins and swings toward the location as getting closer.
Cherokeewind

Return to “General Divination”