Ouija Boards...Dangerous, or Not?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
LorriePaige

Post by LorriePaige »

Crystal Links
Information about the Ouija Board--tips at bottom half of page.

http://www.crystalinks.com/ouija.html
LovelyLeo

lmao....

Post by LovelyLeo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I saw some quija boards online (wooden ones) for sale and showed them to my brother, and my sister in-law heard me and said, "You're sister's psycotic...those bring nothing but the devil and evil with them to the board..." I'm sitting there thinking, wtf, why do people get so upset over quija boards? It's really just a divination tool, and you draw whatever energies to the board you will. Then again, she is christian so that could be part of it. Anyone else not understand people freaking out about them? :roll:
Beginner5165

Did a spell go wrong or is the ouija board?

Post by Beginner5165 »

I had a healer remove a hex i had on me and clean my aura about 2 weeks ago. Many changes happened but im not sure if thats a good or bad thing. My menstrual cycle started again, its not suppose to for 3 weeks, and i am so tired and fatigued, and i have stomache pains and a massive headache. I lost my job, but am interviewing for another one that seems better, and a blast from the past contacted me out of the blue( i never got over him). I also have lost my wallet and keys, so inshort my luck changed for the worse. I purposely told the healer to remove the hex but not reverse it on the person who placed it in the first place(i didnt want to do the same thing to her that she did to me-i just wanted to be free from it and i know she didnt personally place it). I am very new to wicca and only started to practice spells a couple days ago. Im not sure if something went wrong with the spell or if its something else...when i was very young(13 yrs. old) i would make ouija boards and i spoke to many spirits, but the last one was evil. I believe his name was jack and the ouija board drew what looked like an eye and then it said "die" and then the candle on the board(i made it so i carved letters into a wooden table) exploded. I destroyed the board and never practiced any type of wicca until about a month ago. Does anyone know if this is normal, or did something go wrong with the hex removal and/or cleansing of aura or maybe i did something when i casted my own spell or contacted spirits. Thanks for any information anyone can give me.
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

ive always wanted one and i still want one. wether it be good or bad. haha
commador

TWO WAY GATEWAY

Post by commador »

YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL WHILE USING A BOARD. REM IT IS A TWO-WAY GATEWAY OPENING, SO YOU MUST CLOSE IT DOWN.
ALSO YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OF WHAT DECIDES TO COMES TRUE. TAROT OR DIVINATION IS LOOKING INTO THE SPIRIT WORLD, A ONE-WAY PORTAL.
BE CAREFUL. IT IS NOT MY CHOICE OF TOOL CHOICE.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Welcome, *please* turn off the capslock! It makes my eyes bleed :( (not really, but you get my point!)
Fionn The Mutt

Re: TWO WAY GATEWAY

Post by Fionn The Mutt »

commador wrote:YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL WHILE USING A BOARD REM IT IS A TWO WAYGATEWAY OPENING SO YOU MUST CLOSE IT DOWN
This, while valid, shouldn't need to be said(and certainly not in capitals!). Anything you invite in, you should also boot out once the work is done. This is just basic logic for any kind of ritual that involves invoking or evoking. There is a saying that I've noticed about the place among some magical communities: Don't Bring Up What You Can't Put Down.
ALSO YOU HAVE NO CONTROLOF WHAT DECIDES TO COME TRUE TARROT OR DIVANATION IS LOOKIN G INTO THE SPIRT WORLD A ONE WAY PORTHOLE
Depending on how you work with Tarot, you can have A LOT (capitals for emphasis) of control of what comes true. There's more than one way to work with the Tarot, including magic(k) to better your fortune.

At the end of the day, Ouija boards are a tool that attract a lot of bad press because people empower them with fear or misuse them, getting sloppy with things like sendoffs at the end of the session.
FourFangs

Re: OUIJA BOARDS........DANGEROUS OR NOT

Post by FourFangs »

I've yet to have a negative experience with a Ouija board. My best friend and I bought one together on a whim and usually use it whenever we hang out. We've had it tell us some interesting things and also some things that were clearly bs. We tend to focus our questions on the spirit, asking for their gender, name, age, and if we knew them in a past life. Recently, another friend and I were using it while my best friend was in the room with us reading. As we asked the spirit questions about it, it started sounding like someone my best friend knew. The spirit claimed to be his mother who passed away a few years ago. She gave him some good advice, then left. Regardless of whether or not the spirit was really his mother, I know that the experience comforted him.
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

I'd say stay away from them. A friend of mine was possessed after using one and ended up with five days of his life gone, deep gashes all over his body, and two months in the mental hospital.
Autumnal Rose

Post by Autumnal Rose »

I think it depends on how you view them. If you go into using a ouija board believing it to be a negative and dangerous tool then it is likely that your experiences will mirror those thoughts because you are channelling your own negative energies. If you use a ouija board believing it to be a useful divination tool then your experiences are likely to be more positive.

I think it is important to observe courtesy and good manners when using a board . Even if I make no contact at all in a session, I thank the spirits politely and say goodbye. It is also a good idea to take elementary precautions like lighting a white candle or casting a circle before starting the session.

For me, I don't believe its a case of either/or - And by that I mean thaat I don't see it as purely being about spirits or purely about your own energies. The ouija board attracts and works with both, so the frame of mind you are in when starting a session is very relevant to the experiences you will have.

So the only people who should avoid a board are those who genuinely believe it is dangerous and evil. Because if you believe it, it might be.
frisbee

Post by frisbee »

I've actually been considering trying Ouija myself. I've used a pendulum a few times before for divination, which one might say operates in a very similar way, and no devils or monsters came after me. I'm curious but holding off till I can learn more.

Ouija boards get bad pr, but I don't see why they'd be any different than using a pendulum, scrying mirror, dowsing rods, tarot deck, Cowrie shells, etc.
autumnmoon

Post by autumnmoon »

Ouija boards were at one time used as a divination tool, are now just toys. I think that if someone knew what they were doing, they could successfully contact spirits. But the majority of modern boards are just another way of mocking witchcraft and divination. The same way they took our symbols and turned them into " satanic symbols ". The best ouija boards are the ones that people make themselves.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I feel that Ouija boards are a good tool to use within divination, but they must be used properly. It is a way to speak with the spirits and gain insight to past lives and people. In my experiences with them I always bless my board before beginning. Included of course are white candles. I have spoken with a few "not so good spirits" and in those instances immediately close the circle and say a protection chant to ensure secruity from evil. In all reality, you must believe in the power of the board. I highly recommend making your own and/or buying a brand new one. Steer clear of used ones as they tend to have negative powers within them and can cause harm no matter what you do to bless the board or protect yourself.
villaness

Post by villaness »

Is there another safer way to speak with spirits? Or is there a certain type of board to look for?
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Some people are blessed with the gift to speak to them without the use of an Ouija Board. The safest board is one you have made. If you purchase one a protective chant can be said. I always say one and light white candles to keep bad spirits out.

Return to “General Divination”