Ouija Boards...Dangerous, or Not?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
-Dark-Moon-

Re: OUIJA BOARDS........DANGEROUS OR NOT

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

If you want to talk to spirits, your options are mediumship, shamanism, ouijas, or Evocation.

To be successful, one must be spiritually and mentally balanced, confident, and advanced in not only cleansing/protection, but also experienced to deal with whatever comes up.

This is why it is always beneficial to have a mentor. If you are part of a coven or magical organization then this is not a problem.

Strong, confident practitioners will always be proactive, not passive forces who find answers, and solutions.

Be unafraid.

Blessings
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Khaleesi

Post by Khaleesi »

Dangerous. Actually all forms of divination are dangerous. It's very easy to invite malignant spirits posing as kindly spirits into your world, especially if you are not grounded or proficient in clairvoyance. However Ouija Boards are especially dangerous because they are focusing mainly on talking to those who have passed on, unlike divination methods like the tarot where you are not limited to communicating with the dead.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I am not sure that all divination per se is dangerous. I think it depends on where you're at in your life spiritual journey, and the confidence you have in your craft. Are you speaking from personal experience, or do you just have a personal fear of something associated with divination?
Khaleesi

Post by Khaleesi »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:I am not sure that all divination per se is dangerous. I think it depends on where you're at in your life spiritual journey, and the confidence you have in your craft. Are you speaking from personal experience, or do you just have a personal fear of something associated with divination?
I'm assuming this was a reply to me, Dark Moon?

I am not speaking from personal experience, but rather from what my teacher has informed me. My teacher is very apt at magic and warned me from day one about messing with spirits. You just don't do it. I've been told stories about possessions and curses and things that would make you stay awake at night, trembling with fear. All very real. Tarot cards and the sort? Not so dangerous, unless you are trying to connect with the dead. Then all bets are off.

As a matter of fact, the more skilled you are as a clairvoyant, the easier it is for spirits and ghosts to cling to your energy. If you are not grounded, it is very bad. However, if you are a talented witch and, like you say, have confidence in your craft, by all means, whip out that Ouija board. But I was told to be careful, because demons can be very powerful and very tricky. You won't know you've been seduced by the kindly words of a demon until it's too late and your life has been turned upside down. Think about it. Most ghosts and spirits that are considered 'good' have moved on to other planes of existence. The ones that hang around our earthly realm? Those are the ones who are usually waiting at the gate for you to talk to them. Those are the ones to be careful contacting. Those are the tricksters; the ones who will tell you what you want to hear in order to get you under their spell, so to speak. Those are the ones that could possibly enter your life and never leave. Be careful.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Yup I was replying to you, Khalessi.

As I said in another thread, only real life serpents scare me ie crocodiles. I am not afraid of fear itself. My path is a different one. Im happy to communicate with spirits who seek to communicate with me. I've made choices and am prepared to live with them. I am not scared of the dark or things that go bump in the night. I do have confidence in my ability to unravel the ball of wool to its end.

As for 'demons'... I've also said before that your greatest monster is often curled around your greatest treasure.

Not everyone has the inclination to work with the (evil) dead. Some certainly possess great skill using the ouija. I am not one of them. I prefer my own method of evocation and scrying. Go to any magical forum and you will find accounts of imbalance leading to ill events following wonky attempts of summoning entities for personal gain and the like. This can happen to the experienced too, and becomes part of their 'experience'. This is why I'm always banging on about reaching a state of balance within oneself before dabbling in extreme paranormal sports. We can only look at people like Crowley and try and learn from his mistakes - You know, when you try summon demons (Chorazon) and open a portal to hell in the desert, what could possibly go wrong? Your advice to be careful is very sensible.

Most folks who are 'confronted by a demon', upon contact may find that that particular 'demon' didnt just appear, but rather has been around for a long long time.

Gnouthi seaton. Know thyself.
Wicce Lorrie

Post by Wicce Lorrie »

Ouija Boards are fine and no more dangerous than any other divination tool. I go into more detail about it here:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p177887
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I think that used in the hands of people that don't know how to protect and cleanse a sacred space should be cautioned .. If they are highly anxious, nervous, and what not, their "over active imagination" can spook them into thinking something is .. Not what reality actually is.

It is simply a devination tool, but as witches, don't we cleanse and consecrate our tools? Our sacred spaces?

Yes.. Some people move it on purpose to get others spooked who are using/observing the situation. I think those are the true culprits that give the board it's bad name. That, and of course, those who like using bible quotes to call us devil worshipers...

When using a tool .. Be respectful. Be smart. Don't let your imagination carry you away. But a peice of advice.. When using any tool to contact spirits, other worldly entities, imagine if you will.. Your walking down a random street. In a random neighborhood you have never visited before.. Close your eyes, turn in circles, and point to a house. Then imagine walking up to that house, walk in the door and see who you end up with.
How any bad people are out there? How any have died? Your jumping on a devination tool and who knows who's door your knocking on to talk. They may not be the most friendly characters ever.

It may be the Manson family. Of all the people in our past.. How many were good.. How many weren't. Take chances like this too much.. Your chances of finding bad out weigh good.

But opening gateways? They are already opened. Other dementions are side by side with ours.. Entities are very capable of moving through all the time.

Blessings
)0(
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

Definitely harmful to a sensitive person. Been there, done that, got the Tee. Ain't ever doing that again.
Best to use natural forms of communication such as listening or just hearing if you want to work with the higher ups of beings of love. Don't EVER go through a tool. Tool is indirect connection where as No Tools and just relying on your gifts and listening or just hearing are all direct connection ;)
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

All tools are dangerous and can cause harm if not use properly. If one doesn't have any experience and knowledge in spirit communication, then avoid this tool at all cost -- but if you feel you have enough experience and wisdom, then go for it. Just be reminded that in using an Ouija, players have to open themselves up to the spirit world and call on a spirit to answer their concerns. There are lower and negative spirits lurking around the spirit world and they are the ones who often enter the Ouija Board when they feel the members are ignorant and inexperienced.

If one is planning to contact a spirit using this tool, then it is very important for the medium to stay grounded, centered and connected to his/her intuitive guidance throughout the communication. Google and witchcraft books will offer you a lot of exercises for grounding and centering, like the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, The Kabbalistic Cross, or the Tower of Light Meditation. Though some exercises are hard to maintain their effect for very long.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I was given a Ouija board for my 14th or 15th birthday. I used it once at the party, I looked for it again and again but never found it. It just disappeared. Its kinda freaky how that happened.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Wow :shock: ! That's curious loona... very curious.
Seraphin

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Seraphin wrote:Wow :shock: ! That's curious loona... very curious.
Isn't it though. I dont know what happened. It just sort of disappeared after I used it.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Perhaps you accidentally cast a vanishing spell :lol: !
Seraphin

lovethaspirits

Ouija Boards Are Nothing To Fear "Listen"

Post by lovethaspirits »

I see that a lot of you have had bad experiences with ouija boards. Most people dont understand how to properly use a ouija board. My advice is to go online read on how to properly use a ouija board.
Me myself as a teen, I used the ouija board to challenge the spirits. Years later the spirits came to attack me on halloween night 2008. That was my foolish fault.
After that I went to see a psychic who was pure evil and

Because of a fraud psychic who told me many negative things about my future, I went to occult store got spirit cleanse bath salt, protection and now Im back using the ouija board because Im more mature I respect the ouija board know how to use it for my psychic gift.
A ouija board is a wonderful psychic, protection tool....only if you ask respectful questions and always close the ouija board with goodbye if not, anything can come thru. I have no problems with my ouija board what so ever. And when I use my ouija board the planchette goes crazy super fast, thats because my spirit guide is excited to see me. (I use my ouija board by myself with both hands) Some say not too, but for me it works out just perfect)

Remember possitive questions
possitive outcome
Respect the spirits thru the ouija board
and they will love you, protect you even destroy your enemies, but you must inform them not to harm, just scare.

Continue to use the ouija board for possitive information only and you will see the blessings flow.

"Blessings Be To All"
Moonfire

Re: Ouija Boards Are Nothing To Fear "Listen"

Post by Moonfire »

I'm sorry but I'm going to disagree with this. The Ouija board is a tool and you have no control over what comes into your life through it. Sure you can have positive experiences but you can get nasty ones as well. Before I touched a Ouija board, I spent a lot of time researching how they work, how to properly handle one. Sure I was a skeptic, but I took the mindset that if so many people had such bad experiences, there must be at least some truth to them somewhere. They couldn't all be people who are faking or trolls just trying to get attention.

I took the measures necessary to have a safe experience. A prime example is to close up the session when you are finished. My friend and I remained positive through out the entire experience. We were even excited at the prospect of speaking to a spirit. We did not antagonize it, were very respectful in our questions and took the time to ensure we closed everything up. And what got through and became attached to me was DEMONIC despite all the measures and positive energy we had brought into the session. This is a being I've struggled with for two years and it didn't matter how much precautions I took to protect us and how much positive energy was involved or even how respectful the questions were. It has even physically harmed someone who tried to help me. As in hurt that an ambulance had to be involved.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly feel that positivity CAN help but it's not a complete safety net. Ouija boards themselves are not evil but using them CAN be dangerous.

Blessings Upon You. :3

Return to “General Divination”