Spilling cups

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
SapphireRoad

Spilling cups

Post by SapphireRoad »

Anyone can share their viewpoint on symbolism:

I either spill water or drop cups I use to drink water. They don't break even if they fall on the ground but they have this tendency to fall or be spilled last few days.

Thank you.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spilling cups

Post by Firebird »

Hi, I made a post while the board was being worked on and I guess it evaporated :surprisedwitch:

Anyway It had to do with reminding me this seems like the 5 of cups tarot card. How do you view the card?
It generally has to do with loss and grieving about the emotional connection that is spilling out on the ground. The two cups ,still standing though, remind one to hold onto faith and hope, something that is yet unknown because they are behind one waiting to be discovered.

I had a weird water dream the other night, flooding my house. I think the grief that the world is feeling is easily felt by the empath.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Re: Spilling cups

Post by SapphireRoad »

Sweet 5 o' cups is a very nice observation as it reaffirmed my suspicion that the thing was about talking out emotions that I withheld.

Thank you. Looks like the 5 of cups is actually quite mysterious to fully understand, like all cards.
If you do Rider-Waite he's looking from right to left to those spilled (in past) while those standing are in the future (on the right, behind his back)
is it just my impression that it goes like this on images? From right to left = to past and sorrow, from left to right = joy and towards future?

The card is also about ability to mourn, to feel the sorrow without running away from it.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “General Divination”