lithomancy -- reading crystals

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
RavenClaw

lithomancy -- reading crystals

Post by RavenClaw »

Hello,

Yesterday a cousin gave me some crystals in a pouch. He didn't tell me anything about them other than, here have some crystals and plunked the pouch on the table right in front of me. He got those crystals from his sister, who is now deceased, so I can't talk to her. The crystals are small but one is a chevron amethyst which is the largest of the group. There's also a round green one (looks like a marble) that I haven't identified yet. Since the crystals came in a pouch I assumed they were used for divination. I dug around in the net and found information which lead me to read up a bit about lithomancy. None of the sites I read mention using a round crystal which has me puzzled.

My question is, does anyone here practice lithomancy? If so, can you please shed some light on how to read the crystals and especially what the round one is used for. I'd also appreciate one or two good sources, especially one that mentions using a round crystal, about casting the crystals on a cloth.

Thank you kindly and blessings to you. smileylove
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: lithomancy -- reading crystals

Post by SnowCat »

I misread a sentence in your post, about his sister being deceased so you can't talk to her. I read "can." It may have been a Freudian slip, or it may be that the crystals could be a conduit for you to talk to her. Evil ed is our resident rockhound, but I don't know if he practices any lithomancy.
Daughter of Sekhmet
barker

Post by barker »

My first rule with crystals: Treat them with care as they remember it.
Second thing to note: They work in exact same ways as you do, with your observing mind.

So, if your observing mind percepts a "loving" vibration, then what is in that crystal's conscious-ness?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sometimes a pouch is just a pouch :D

Whatever shapes or markings suggest to you is how you read them. interpreting is an intuitive process. The properties associated with each stone indicate their influence so you need to know what each stone is that you've inherited. Personal associations have more merit than guides found in books, IMO.

A quick-read is to hold a question in your gut & draw 3 stones at random from the pouch. Read influences as Past>Present>Future.

Or empty the bag & select 1 stone to rep the Querent. Then hold them all in your hands while holding the question in the gut, & roll them like tossing dice. Those nearest the Querent stone have the most influence. Imagine the space around the Querent stone as quadrants pertaining to areas of influence: North-earth-material matters, East-air-mental & travel, South-fire-vitality & partnerships, West-water-emotions & other realms ... Or any other meanings you associate with the quarters like 4 seasons or age (child, youth, adult, elder).

Re the sphere: What is the mineral? What properties do you associate with that mineral? What does the round shape suggest to you? To me a sphere radiates equally in all directions. The shape suggests the earth & earth suggests material matters, The Mother, or feminine influences or a female querent. A cube would also rep the 4-ways of the earth but with a masculine influence, as would a phallic shape.

Sources - haven't any. It's based on the Circle as that's just what makes sense to me.

A cloth would have markings drawn on it - like quarters for areas of influence or concentric circles with distance indicating strength of influence and/or near or farther in time. I just picture the divisions in my head. A really fancy cloth might have quads, circles & zodiacal influences, waaay beyond me - meh.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I feel the color can be important. Greens are generally for healing, nurturing, fecundity, and fruitfulness. Out of the sack the marble shape one and the amethyst seem to stand out. Purple is a high vibration color and is connected to psychic abilities and the spiritual realm. Have you been needing any of these in your life?
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
barker

Post by barker »

lithomancy: the art and practice of returning to oneself

Hence, all respond to the signals that establish one's own reality.
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful responses which I'll keep in mind.

The more I look at the crystals the more I think some are missing. Feels like she was trying to get the crystals closer to the same size for casting on a cloth. Kinda getting an urge or something to complete the set which would take time as I'm busy with other spiritual/magical stuff. I have other mysteries to deal with and the way my mind works, mysteries must be solved, lol.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
barker

Post by barker »

Mysteries

Mysteries must be solved in the sense that they are applicable revelations to all perfect people. They are concealable in that they must not be revealed to indecent others. You could have a mystery reveal itself, but that would be the divine way.
MizLynn3

Post by MizLynn3 »

I work with crystals and my chevron amethyst is especially good for moving energy heal, protection, it is asserted with psychic powers, the crown chakra, n 3rd eye. I use mine with a clear quartz which enhances the energy.
Every usefulness energy clearing. Great when meditating for a clearer message.
I could go on n on.

There is a book called the crystal bible and it tells you everything you need to know about crystals n stones, what they are used for.
I got mine at Barnes n Nobles book store.

I hope that this helps.

Love n Blessings.
MizLynn

Return to “General Divination”